topic which impacts Davidson sports

A place to discuss topics which impact all of Davidson's sports
stevelee

topic which impacts Davidson sports

Post by stevelee » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:55 pm

I hear the Brickhouse is moving out beyond the roundabouts as soon as they build a fake abandoned textile mill out that way in a couple of years.

How do you suppose that will affect the culture of the town, the campus, and Davidson sports fans in general?

Any word on what will fill their current space, and any chance it will fill the void left otherwise?

Will the lawyers become better free throw shooters?
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

Dr. Bliss

Re: topic which impacts Davidson sports

Post by Dr. Bliss » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:49 pm

My first thought is, that's a mistake.

My second thought is, maybe somebody will move in who can put 30 seconds of thought in and come up with a more efficient way for me to get a beer after a game.

My third thought is, maybe that same person can come up with a way that over half the tables are not subjected to the smell of the bathrooms.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

citycat

Post by citycat » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:12 pm

Is the faux abandoned mill going on the east side or the west side of 77? If it goes west of 77, that would put it past all 4 traffic circles.

There was a different restaurant in the Brickhouse space 20 years ago. Another one can take its place.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:49 pm

citycat wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:12 pm
Is the faux abandoned mill going on the east side or the west side of 77? If it goes west of 77, that would put it past all 4 traffic circles.

There was a different restaurant in the Brickhouse space 20 years ago. Another one can take its place.
East side of I-77, near the doctors' offices, south of the second roundabout from the east. I think near where we park to catch the express bus.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:54 pm

Dr. Bliss wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:49 pm
My first thought is, that's a mistake.

My second thought is, maybe somebody will move in who can put 30 seconds of thought in and come up with a more efficient way for me to get a beer after a game.

My third thought is, maybe that same person can come up with a way that over half the tables are not subjected to the smell of the bathrooms.
Word was that this is in response to a $25,000 rent increase. I don't know how many handed the rumor is, though. May be an advanced game of telephone by now.

I joked that I was going to sic Save Davidson on them.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ