Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:34 pm

DC69Wildcat wrote:There was a young man who looked a lot like Dallion Johnson sitting with Kellan, Luke, Nelson, Will, and Thon at the soccer game yesterday.
Did he have the big hair?

GoalCat

Post by GoalCat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:45 pm

CatsUpNorth wrote:Micah Potter transferring from Ohio State. Somebody we were interested in as a recruit, no idea if we would be interested now. Two years of eligibility remaining.
In a case like this, when does he become eligible to play games for whatever new school he chooses? At the end of fall semester 2019, or once he attends a class for spring semester of 2020? Or something else? Regardless, seems like less than ideal timing to make the decision, since he may well have even less than 2 years remaining. I sort of assume that he was hoping that his preseason efforts would put him in position for more playing time, but of course, we don't know all that goes into this particular situation. Sure seems like a good kid, so best of luck.

cat44

Post by cat44 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:24 pm

Potter would be a great addition. Replacement for Ekwu and Dusan.

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:01 pm

GoalCat wrote:
CatsUpNorth wrote:Micah Potter transferring from Ohio State. Somebody we were interested in as a recruit, no idea if we would be interested now. Two years of eligibility remaining.
In a case like this, when does he become eligible to play games for whatever new school he chooses? At the end of fall semester 2019, or once he attends a class for spring semester of 2020? Or something else? Regardless, seems like less than ideal timing to make the decision, since he may well have even less than 2 years remaining. I sort of assume that he was hoping that his preseason efforts would put him in position for more playing time, but of course, we don't know all that goes into this particular situation. Sure seems like a good kid, so best of luck.
He''ll be able to play January of 2020 and would graduate Spring of 2021. I'm assuming he'll enroll somewhere January of 2019.

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:55 pm

wildforthecats wrote:
DC69Wildcat wrote:There was a young man who looked a lot like Dallion Johnson sitting with Kellan, Luke, Nelson, Will, and Thon at the soccer game yesterday.
Did he have the big hair?
Yep. And he was with an older man whom I presumed to be his dad.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:58 pm

mccabemi wrote:
GoalCat wrote:
He''ll be able to play January of 2020 and would graduate Spring of 2021. I'm assuming he'll enroll somewhere January of 2019.
I would be both pro Potter and Formica.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:57 am

It would be great news to hear that Potter would consider Davidson. Success of Magarity transferring from ACC to A10/Davidson should be a consideration as well as Peyton. I think Bob has shown great coaching of bigs and recently weve had some good ones develop over 4 years. Another reason why id like to see DK healthy bc I think he stands to gain a lot in final 2 years.
Justice plus Micah plus Luka upfront seems formidable. Add a wing or two to go with guards would be quite the team to watch!
Nice to hear Dallion made another return visit.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:43 pm

Davidson hasn't been involved for a while, but David Roddy committed to Colorado State.
Last edited by RichmondCat on Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:09 am

Class of 2022 from Poca WV...

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:01 am

Ian Steere decided to transfer from NC State. Did we recruit him?

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:53 am

DCA06 wrote:Ian Steere decided to transfer from NC State. Did we recruit him?
I don't believe so. Steere was originally committed to Creighton, but de-committed to be closer to home (from High Point). One can infer he believed he would get more playing time than he was receiving from NC State thus far, but, who really knows? Leaving a second program is not a great look.

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:01 pm

RichmondCat wrote:
I don't believe so. Steere was originally committed to Creighton, but de-committed to be closer to home (from High Point). One can infer he believed he would get more playing time than he was receiving from NC State thus far, but, who really knows? Leaving a second program is not a great look.
Going to 4 different high schools likely would have made it a hard admit
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:29 pm

collegecoach8502 wrote:
RichmondCat wrote:
Going to 4 different high schools likely would have made it a hard admit
Sounds like he's being advised by LaVar Ball.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:03 pm

waiting for some good news. See Harvard has been raiding the NMH cookie jar.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:54 pm

Nothing connecting us to Micah Potter at the moment, but he visited Wisconsin this past weekend.

Dylan Painter is a kid we offered who just decided to transfer from Nova.

Painter started the first game of the season but didn't play much after, and per Jay Wright wants to go somewhere he would play more. Spoke glowingly of him on his way out, which isn't always the case with some transfers. No word if we're interested or if he'd be a fit