Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Not too shortly, I hope.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

steveclark63

Post by steveclark63 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:25 am

DCA06 wrote:Justice, would be the best 4/5 player we've ever had. Probably would free up a lot of space for Luka too. In the scenario we get Justice, that would be a scary front to put out on the floor.
As long-ago Texas football coach Darrell Royal once said (later stolen by Bill Parcells): "Potential means you ain't done it yet."

When Maloy died, Lefty was quoted as saying Mike was the best player he ever coached, and that included a slew of great players at Maryland.
“Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were.”
— Marcel Proust

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:52 am

As an aside - Jaylen Adams got in Knicks Hawks game last night. Huge Accomplishment for him/ and hopefully A10 as a league when you can produce players that can play in NBA or Europe - that helps overall interest and recruiting at large.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:04 pm

2020 target Myles Stute is getting some high major offers recently but is taking his first official visit to Penn (someone reported Penn State initially but then corrected it). Was concerned with all the big money programs getting involved, but if he's set on high academics that could be a good sign for us. Still not sure what to make of all the 2020s beginning their officials so early and how that will impact the decision timeline for them.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:42 pm

Just need another guy or two - dallion and Myles would be great athletes to bring to the stable

BDL

Post by BDL » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:47 pm

DCA06 wrote:Just need another guy or two - dallion and Myles would be great athletes to bring to the stable
Going to need more than one or two 2020 guys. JAG, Dusan, KP, and likely Kellan (if he goes pro) will all be gone the season before that class arrives. Dallion and Myles would be a great start however (along with Justice of course).

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:23 am

Yes: Dallion + Miles + Justice. That's a nice 3 player building block for 2020 and beyond.

I still don't believe Kellan will leave before senior year. Steph left because of injuries and frankly that team going into his senior year was "ok". He had a lot to lose, namely because of the injury issue.

Kellan is young and had a great freshman year. This year will prove if he is the man. Teams have tape on him they've seen him. He has to be more of a leader this year. There is a lot for him to achieve. If so I think our program his JR and SR year will be outstanding, because of his maturation and skill growth and also because we have a nice supporting cast into his JR where his talents can be showcased further. So is there a risk of 3 yr and done? sure. But look at some other players who played all 4 yrs.. it was good for their development into the NBA.

BDF

Post by BDF » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:37 am

Bob mentioned a player who he couldn't name that was on campus for Red-Black. I feel like he dropped some hints that would allow us to figure it out, but I don't remember what they were.

Anyone know who he was talking about?
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:40 am

BDF wrote:Bob mentioned a player who he couldn't name that was on campus for Red-Black. I feel like he dropped some hints that would allow us to figure it out, but I don't remember what they were.

Yes, but I would rather not name names. :) I believe it was the weekend before R-B.

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:44 am

wildforthecats wrote:
BDF wrote:Bob mentioned a player who he couldn't name that was on campus for Red-Black. I feel like he dropped some hints that would allow us to figure it out, but I don't remember what they were.

Yes, but I would rather not name names. :) I believe it was the weekend before R-B.
I think there were people we would love to have that were here on both weekends.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:45 am

DCA06 wrote:Yes: Dallion + Miles + Justice. That's a nice 3 player building block for 2020 and beyond.

I still don't believe Kellan will leave before senior year. Steph left because of injuries and frankly that team going into his senior year was "ok". He had a lot to lose, namely because of the injury issue.

Kellan is young and had a great freshman year. This year will prove if he is the man. Teams have tape on him they've seen him. He has to be more of a leader this year. There is a lot for him to achieve. If so I think our program his JR and SR year will be outstanding, because of his maturation and skill growth and also because we have a nice supporting cast into his JR where his talents can be showcased further. So is there a risk of 3 yr and done? sure. But look at some other players who played all 4 yrs.. it was good for their development into the NBA.
Injury scared him, top 10 pick assurances were the reason he left.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

BDL

Post by BDL » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:54 am

Dallion and Justice were here.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:16 am

BDL wrote:

Dallion and Justice were here.
That was the prior week.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Micah Potter transferring from Ohio State. Somebody we were interested in as a recruit, no idea if we would be interested now. Two years of eligibility remaining.

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:28 pm

There was a young man who looked a lot like Dallion Johnson sitting with Kellan, Luke, Nelson, Will R, and Thon at the soccer game yesterday.
Last edited by DC69Wildcat on Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''