Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:43 pm

RichmondCat wrote:
CatsUpNorth wrote:
So I guess it might be possible. I was skeptical because I was familiar with the former rule.
Digging further looks like the old rule applies to MBB.

For D1 men's basketball, recruits can begin taking official visits starting January 1 of their junior year of high school. Women's basketball recruits may begin taking official visits April of their junior year of high school, beginning the Thursday following the Women's Final Four tournament.

Due to a rule update by the NCAA, effective April 25, 2018, official visits for all other DI sports can begin September 1 of the athlete's junior year of high school. For almost all sports, this bumps up the official visit date.

https://www.ncsasports.org/ncaa-eligibi ... ial-visits
It's weird that it still says the first thing, because it looks like they actually can take visits and the MBB applies in the new rule: https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/c ... 293851002/

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:50 pm

So, back to the possibility of an official. Shocking that my hastily taken position with minimal research might have been wrong.

Either way, I hope it goes well.

BaseRich306

Post by BaseRich306 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:18 pm

I also saw that Coach was at Christ School recently. Checking in on our man Justice I presume?

CastleCat

Post by CastleCat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:27 pm

BaseRich306 wrote:I also saw that Coach was at Christ School recently. Checking in on our man Justice I presume?
I wouldn't be surprised to see him on campus very soon
lovin' every minute of it

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Has nobody mentioned T.I. in the discussion about his player's visit?
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:36 pm

stevelee wrote:Has nobody mentioned T.I. in the discussion about his player's visit?
I had not made that connection, but, am happy to see it.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:07 pm

stevelee wrote:Has nobody mentioned T.I. in the discussion about his player's visit?
Useful.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:02 am

10/21 should be fun.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:04 pm

Late this afternoon Justice said that he has narrowed consideration to five schools.

I met a woman player for Winthrop tonight. I think her name is Uche. She is trying to get enough credits in with summer school to graduate in three years and get her first year of graduate school paid for with her last year of eligibility. She is excited that Winthrop's men will be playing Davidson, and anticipates that their women's team will be able to attend, given the schedule.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:40 pm

I trust Davidson is one of the five?

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:53 pm

RichmondCat wrote:I trust Davidson is one of the five?
He of course didn't say. He certainly had big hugs for the current players when he saw them. He described his ideal school in terms that certainly fit Davidson well. And it would not be a stretch to guess Andrew is a hero and role model. The context was that narrowing down to five from twenty reduced his sense of stress at this point in his life. He didn't express a dream of becoming an electrical engineer or any such, but he did suggest that as he develops career goals, that will be a factor in choice of schools.

Perhaps the list is documented somewhere on a recruiting site, but I don't follow them.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

BDF

Post by BDF » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:56 pm

Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:59 pm

stevelee wrote:
RichmondCat wrote:I trust Davidson is one of the five?
He of course didn't say. He certainly had big hugs for the current players when he saw them. He described his ideal school in terms that certainly fit Davidson well. And it would not be a stretch to guess Andrew is a hero and role model. The context was that narrowing down to five from twenty reduced his sense of stress at this point in his life. He didn't express a dream of becoming an electrical engineer or any such, but he did suggest that as he develops career goals, that will be a factor in choice of schools.

Perhaps the list is documented somewhere on a recruiting site, but I don't follow them.
Appreciate the insight. I hope the dinner went well.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:14 pm

BDF wrote:Have we talked about Reece Brown?

https://twitter.com/ne6hoops/status/105 ... 91200?s=21
First I have seen. Looks like he goes to same school as Nelson B-Y.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:52 pm

RichmondCat wrote:I hope the dinner went well.
Food was interesting, good-sized crowd, no DU administrators and such because of the Ne Ultra thing, a lot of money raised. Steph made a video appearance to announce an auction item of a signed Warriors jersey from a game and a Face-Time call at a mutually agreeable convenient time. Bob made more promises to the assistant coach of the day, including eventually the decision whether to play zone or man, at which point some of the players tried to bid. (None of them were on crutches, BTW, if I'm allowed to say that.) Weather had cleared out beautifully before 5:00.

I sampled an IPA that I thought had an interesting, almost cider-like flavor. I'm not a big fan of IPAs usually, in my limited experience. And I'm not sure I'd want to drink a whole tall can, but I enjoyed my small cup of it.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ