Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
citycat

Post by citycat » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:22 pm

For people who want to learn about recruits early, there's a player named Carson McCorkle who plays for Greensboro Day School.

He grew up in Raleigh and spent his freshman season at Raleigh Broughton in '16-'17. He reclassified and went Greensboro Day last season. The Bengals' best player was hurt in January, but they recovered and won the NC private school title. Carson's dad played for Guilford College and professionally in Europe

Carson is a 6'2" guard. Davidson is listed among the school who are interested in Carson. He's in the Class of '21.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:22 am

David Roddy offered by hometown Minnesota.

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 am

RichmondCat wrote:David Roddy offered by hometown Minnesota.
I love Roddy’s game and really want him to come to Davidson. Don’t think it’s going to happen though. Minnesota (and Northwestern) going to be very hard to beat.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:56 am

Would love to get either Beran or Roddy.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:54 am

Acorn wrote:
RichmondCat wrote:David Roddy offered by hometown Minnesota.
I love Roddy’s game and really want him to come to Davidson. Don’t think it’s going to happen though. Minnesota (and Northwestern) going to be very hard to beat.
Was hoping these two schools stayed away since he seems to like them quite a bit. Hopefully we’ll find out soon if we get an official visit from him

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:17 pm

wildforthecats wrote:Would love to get either Beran or Roddy.
I'll take them both. Different games.

Lot of competition for each of them.

Minnesota, Northwestern and Nebraska seem to be interested in a lot of the same players as ole DU.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:58 pm

RichmondCat wrote:
wildforthecats wrote:Would love to get either Beran or Roddy.
I'll take them both. Different games.

Lot of competition for each of them.

Minnesota, Northwestern and Nebraska seem to be interested in a lot of the same players as ole DU.
Yes. I don't want to be greedy though.

bvgerd

Post by bvgerd » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:42 pm

No clue as to the credibility/reliability of the source, but this would be a huge hurdle to pass in possibly getting a commitment. https://twitter.com/DavidsonMBBRecr/sta ... 6351433728

The tweet says David Roddy already scheduled official visits with Colorado State and Northwestern, suspected final two official visits with Minnesota and Davidson.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:49 am

bvgerd wrote:No clue as to the credibility/reliability of the source, but this would be a huge hurdle to pass in possibly getting a commitment. https://twitter.com/DavidsonMBBRecr/sta ... 6351433728

The tweet says David Roddy already scheduled official visits with Colorado State and Northwestern, suspected final two official visits with Minnesota and Davidson.
Looks like the quote is from the head of his AAU program, so while “suspects” makes me nervous i would view it as a great sign. I still think we’re the underdogs, but I also feel confident that Davidson is such an amazing campus and place and feel confident once we get kids on campus. The article says Roddy plans on making his decision in the early signing period but after his football season

BDL

Post by BDL » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:14 am

CatsUpNorth wrote:
bvgerd wrote:No clue as to the credibility/reliability of the source, but this would be a huge hurdle to pass in possibly getting a commitment. https://twitter.com/DavidsonMBBRecr/sta ... 6351433728

Looks like the quote is from the head of his AAU program, so while “suspects” makes me nervous i would view it as a great sign. I still think we’re the underdogs, but I also feel confident that Davidson is such an amazing campus and place and feel confident once we get kids on campus. The article says Roddy plans on making his decision in the early signing period but after his football season
The fact that we are constantly fighting P5 schools for kids and getting visits/making final lists is a great indicator for where our program is. We’ve also landed a few too (KG and Luka just recently).

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:23 am

BDL wrote:
CatsUpNorth wrote:

The fact that we are constantly fighting P5 schools for kids and getting visits/making final lists is a great indicator for where our program is. We’ve also landed a few too (KG and Luka just recently).
Definitely true. Davidson doesn't throw offers out there like many schools. When we make an offer, it is because our coaches have identified the player as a fit for the school and the team. We very much want every kid we offer. We aren't "covering our bases" by offering 10 (or more) decent fits. By way of example, Minnesota has 31 open offers for 4 2019 slots. including 12 for Roddy's position alone. Northwestern has 14 open offers for 5 spots including 4 at Roddy's position. Davidson has 3 open offers for 3 spots with 2 at Roddy's position. This makes sense as Patrick Casey is the only player on the roster at that position and, as a mentioned previously, Roddy and Beran have different, but complementary, games. Trust, care, commitment. Davidson is a different place and that, as we all know, is a very good thing.

GoalCat

Post by GoalCat » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:57 am

RichmondCat wrote:
BDL wrote:
CatsUpNorth wrote:

Definitely true. Davidson doesn't throw offers out there like many schools. When we make an offer, it is because our coaches have identified the player as a fit for the school and the team. We very much want every kid we offer. We aren't "covering our bases" by offering 10 (or more) decent fits. By way of example, Minnesota has 31 open offers for 4 2019 slots. including 12 for Roddy's position alone. Northwestern has 14 open offers for 5 spots including 4 at Roddy's position. Davidson has 3 open offers for 3 spots with 2 at Roddy's position. This makes sense as Patrick Casey is the only player on the roster at that position and, as a mentioned previously, Roddy and Beran have different, but complementary, games. Trust, care, commitment. Davidson is a different place and that, as we all know, is a very good thing.
Wholehearted agreement. Interesting and telling info might be how many of those offers at Minn or NW are paired with official visit opportunities. If they have 14 open offers at that position, but only 1 has an official visit offered, that would tend to make the recruit feel pretty special and wanted, as well.

BaseRich306

Post by BaseRich306 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:12 pm

I just hope Roddy is still on the board after his official to Northwestern...

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:20 pm

BaseRich306 wrote:I just hope Roddy is still on the board after his official to Northwestern...
I think he will be still on the board.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:49 pm

wildforthecats wrote:
BaseRich306 wrote:I just hope Roddy is still on the board after his official to Northwestern...
I think he will be still on the board.
Didn't you forget something? 8-)