Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
RichmondCat

Re: Hunter

Post by RichmondCat » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:54 pm

Acorn wrote:
rbarney wrote:JustaCatsFan's list provides more support for RichmondCat's appraisal. However, it would also call into question just how much of a stretch Davidson would be for him, particularly as a 2*.
How many times do we have to ask you to stop posting this same tired comment about recruits? If you knew anything about recruiting you’d know (1) ratings are hardly an exact science; (2) guys are always blowing up from nowhere (i.e. as a “2*” guy); and (3) recruits and their families read about their recruitment and don’t like negative comments.
My general philosophy on our recruits is that if our staff wants him, I wholeheartedly endorse their position. Don't care about anyone else's opinion.

Hunter will be a great addition.

BDL

Post by BDL » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:47 pm

Acorn wrote:
rbarney wrote:JustaCatsFan's list provides more support for RichmondCat's appraisal. However, it would also call into question just how much of a stretch Davidson would be for him, particularly as a 2*.
How many times do we have to ask you to stop posting this same tired comment about recruits? If you knew anything about recruiting you’d know (1) ratings are hardly an exact science; (2) guys are always blowing up from nowhere (i.e. as a “2*” guy); and (3) recruits and their families read about their recruitment and don’t like negative comments.
Stars mean very very little; their only purpose is to give the fan something to obsess over. In addition, most of the 2 stars haven’t even been scouted. If a guy gets a power offer the services will scout him and he’ll get a boost but if a kid commits to Davidson early, the scouting services are leaving him as a 2 star.

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:14 pm

We have 16 players on our roster. 14 of them are 2* per verbal commits (Kellan 4*; Dusan 3*). 2* players can play at DC if they are the right 2* players. Our coaches are better than the scouting services. When they are interested they will learn much more about a kid than the average rating service and they will usually be correct about whether a kid can help us win.

Verbal Commits updated every A10 roster today. We have the lowest average star rating of the 14 teams. We do not have the least talented roster of the 14 teams.

CastleCat

Post by CastleCat » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:34 pm

RichmondCat wrote:
DCA06 wrote:Been quiet on here lately. Any updates?
Apparent offer to 6’3 2019 PG Hunter Cattoor

https://twitter.com/cattoorhunter/statu ... 11425?s=21
Hard to see Bob taking a guard in this class.
lovin' every minute of it

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:43 pm

Acorn wrote:
Back when I used to actively moderate this board, I occasionally got very angry, upset PMs from people affiliated with players and recruits. I heard from parents, high school coaches, and AAU coaches. Every single one of the angry PMs addressed comments made by Dick Barney. Some people are part of the problem, some are part of the solution. The one thing I could tell the parents and coaches that seemed to calm them was that Mr. Barney was unlikely to see their player in action more than a few times in four years and that they would find that the folks in the arena are very, very supportive.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

BDF

Post by BDF » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:49 pm

CastleCat wrote:
RichmondCat wrote:
DCA06 wrote:Been quiet on here lately. Any updates?
Apparent offer to 6’3 2019 PG Hunter Cattoor

https://twitter.com/cattoorhunter/statu ... 11425?s=21
Hard to see Bob taking a guard in this class.
We’ll need another point guard next year if Jason McIntyre is correct.
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

GoalCat

Post by GoalCat » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:12 am

I still think that Luke Frampton is the most intriguing piece of the puzzle, not just for the upcoming season, but for the next several years. It feels like he has the potential to be a game-changer, and if that turns out to be the case, the sky is the limit for this team. If he is revealed to be a lights-out shooter at this level, I can only imagine the opportunities that opens up for Kellan Grady to get to the hoop (not that he has much problem doing that now!).

Combine those offensive fireworks with the reported defensive skills he brings to the floor, and our perimeter defense will look super strong when he and Grady are on the floor together. Not meaning to ignore others, just focusing on how exciting this pair could be at both ends of the court.

MikeMaloy15

Post by MikeMaloy15 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:24 am

If he's a lights out shooter, he'll open things up for Grady pretty much the same way Peyton Aldridge did. Asking for more than that is asking for a lot.

BaseRich306

Post by BaseRich306 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:54 am

The question mark is the front court. We know our backcourt will be one of the best in the country. But will they have the space they need to operate? What about when they go cold? Do we have any reliable scorers in the paint?

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:07 am

GoalCat wrote:It feels like he has the potential to be a game-changer, and if that turns out to be the case, the sky is the limit for this team.
I think we'll be better than that. I'd go so far as to say the ceiling is the roof.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

graveline

Post by graveline » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:00 am

graveline wrote:Elon inks duje radja, son of former Celtic Dino. I was in Boston for prep school in the dark ages of Celtic basketball...bird, Mchale, and parish retired, Reggie Lewis and Len bias has tragically died young. The Cs inked euro league star radja who put up 20 points per game, played zero defense, and chainsmoked at half time
From the "it all comes around" dept., Radja pater will be joining our own Lefty Dreisell and our own nemesis Charlie Scott in the 2018 Basketball HOF class
If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said it

Mephisto

Bravo!

Post by Mephisto » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:47 am

It is cosmically fitting that the Lefthander and Scott go in together. I remember the description of the call when Lefty was told by Scott that he would not be coming to Davidson but was going to UNC; then there is the iconic jump shot; and the next year I saw Scott bring UNC from 19 down to beat Maryland in Cole Field House in Lefty's first campaign in College Park. The only injustice is that it took so long.

I suspect Feinstein deserves a tip of the hat.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:51 pm

David Roddy offered by Nebraska.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:50 pm

2019 Collegiate (VA) F Robbie Beran has received an offer from Davidson.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:47 pm

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge