Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
BDL

Post by BDL » Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 pm

“The Orange already has a talented roster lined up for 2018-19 but there would be a spot in the rotation for Golden. This would be another landing point with immediate playing time on the table”

“Playing the power forward position, he also addresses a clear need for Syracuse after 2018 signee Darius Bazley opted to head to the G League.”

“Golden offers a combination of a jump shot that extends out to the 3-point line, athleticism and a strong instinct for the game.

Syracuse has a need for another frontcourt player. Syracuse currently has just two natural forwards on its roster in Oshae Brissett and Marek Dolezaj.”

“Syracuse's interest in Golden peaked after former Syracuse recruit Darius Bazley decided to skip college and play in the G-League next year. Oshae Brissett and Marek Dolezaj are the only forwards on Syracuse's 2018-19 roster”

I find it hard to believe that 4 reputable sites which cover college basketball professionally would miss the very obvious fact that Golden would be ineligible to play in 2018/2019. Also before bazley decomitted Syracuse did not recruit any forwards; Boeheim realized he needed depth and targeted Golden. This point is also supported by the fact that immediately after Golden chose Butler, Syracuse targeted Braswell hard. I have an even harder time believing that Boeheim (or anyone on Cuse’s staff) would recruit a player that couldn’t provide the thing Syracuse needed: depth.

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:34 pm

BDL wrote:“The Orange already has a talented roster lined up for 2018-19 but there would be a spot in the rotation for Golden. This would be another landing point with immediate playing time on the table”

“Playing the power forward position, he also addresses a clear need for Syracuse after 2018 signee Darius Bazley opted to head to the G League.”

“Golden offers a combination of a jump shot that extends out to the 3-point line, athleticism and a strong instinct for the game.

Syracuse has a need for another frontcourt player. Syracuse currently has just two natural forwards on its roster in Oshae Brissett and Marek Dolezaj.”

“Syracuse's interest in Golden peaked after former Syracuse recruit Darius Bazley decided to skip college and play in the G-League next year. Oshae Brissett and Marek Dolezaj are the only forwards on Syracuse's 2018-19 roster”

I find it hard to believe that 4 reputable sites which cover college basketball professionally would miss the very obvious fact that Golden would be ineligible to play in 2018/2019. Also before bazley decomitted Syracuse did not recruit any forwards; Boeheim realized he needed depth and targeted Golden. This point is also supported by the fact that immediately after Golden chose Butler, Syracuse targeted Braswell hard. I have an even harder time believing that Boeheim (or anyone on Cuse’s staff) would recruit a player that couldn’t provide the thing Syracuse needed: depth.
Yes, but of all of your above listed quotes, only the first one actually indicates that they think he would play in the 2018-19 season. Most people understand transfer rules, not a ton of people understand that each conference has their own inter-conference transfer rule. Perhaps the old Big East didn't have one...although I think they did.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

BDL

Post by BDL » Wed May 16, 2018 9:49 pm

collegecoach8502 wrote:
BDL wrote:“The Orange already has a talented roster lined up for 2018-19 but there would be a spot in the rotation for Golden. This would be another landing point with immediate playing time on the table”

Yes, but of all of your above listed quotes, only the first one actually indicates that they think he would play in the 2018-19.
I am definitely apt to exaggerate but with simple context (Syracuse only has 2 forwards on the roster) and reading in between the lines its clear that at least the 1st, 2nd, and 4th quotes refer to 2018.

BDL

Post by BDL » Wed May 16, 2018 9:52 pm

BDL wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:

Yes, but of all of your above listed quotes, only the first one actually indicates that they think he would play in the 2018-19.
I am definitely apt to exaggerate but with simple context (Syracuse only has 2 forwards on the roster) and reading in between the lines its clear that at least the 1st, 2nd, and 4th quotes refer to 2018.
Explanation: in the first source immediate playing time is mentioned, the second article mentions the decomittment of a 2018 prospect who was universally expected to be a one and done, and the 4th source states that there are only two forwards on the team specifically FOR 2018/2019.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Wed May 16, 2018 9:55 pm

BDL wrote:...reading in between the lines its clear...
That kinda sums it up right there.
"... coming out of the murky, dreary jungle of untutored mediocrity."

BDL

Post by BDL » Wed May 16, 2018 9:59 pm

ChantillyCat wrote:
BDL wrote:...reading in between the lines its clear...
That kinda sums it up right there.
Fine, I won’t argue but Boeheim wouldn’t recruit a player who had to sit out a year when he specifically needs immediate depth.

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:01 pm

BDL wrote:
BDL wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:

Explanation: in the first source immediate playing time is mentioned, the second article mentions the decomittment of a 2018 prospect who was universally expected to be a one and done, and the 4th source states that there are only two forwards on the team specifically FOR 2018/2019.
If you provided these as sources for your work with your professors....
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

BDL

Post by BDL » Wed May 16, 2018 10:03 pm

collegecoach8502 wrote:
BDL wrote:
BDL wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:

If you provided these as sources for your work with your professors....
But this is a forum and not a class? I’ve been doing quite well on my research papers and in my classes; I could send you my transcript if you’d like. In fact, I just got a 95 on a 15 page research/term paper for my Economics of Migration class (it has a full page bibliography).

BDF

Post by BDF » Thu May 17, 2018 7:27 am

The point at which we are comparing the sizes of our bibliographies is the point at which we should move on.
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:18 am

BDF wrote:The point at which we are comparing the sizes of our bibliographies is the point at which we should move on.
My bibliography may not be that big but I make up for it in other ways.

BDL

Post by BDL » Thu May 17, 2018 9:06 am

BDF wrote:The point at which we are comparing the sizes of our bibliographies is the point at which we should move on.
I wasn’t comparing the size of a bibliography (I did laugh at your joke though); he made a slight so I responded with facts. I’ll gladly move on if no one else wants to question my aptitude.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:11 am

can we stop talking about Cuse or Golden. Lets just talk about our recruits, recruits in the pipeline, and other gold nuggets that make me excited to be a wildcat fan.

BaseRich306

Post by BaseRich306 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:00 pm

Luke, MJ, Luka, and DCz is our most versatile recruiting class in a very long time.

bvgerd

Post by bvgerd » Thu May 17, 2018 1:05 pm

BaseRich306 wrote:Luke, MJ, Luka, and DCz is our most versatile recruiting class in a very long time.
Don’t forget Nelson is coming too! With how many guys are graduating there’s a lot of minutes that our freshman big men will be able to compete for.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Thu May 17, 2018 1:22 pm

BaseRich306 wrote:Luke, MJ, Luka, and DCz is our most versatile recruiting class in a very long time.
Saddiq Bey will fit right in.

Speaking of which, this story has updated statements from Bey.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/rec ... 515be43aac

He has one official visit left.