Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:50 pm

WildCock wrote:Even given the average age of posters on this board, steve, that reference might be a bit obscure (except to diehard Lieber-Stoller fans like me).
Then maybe I shouldn't do my parody "Poisson d'avril" to the tune of "Poison Ivy."

The recording dates to before I was a teenager, but according to Wikipedia, it was later covered by the Monkees, and influenced a song by Bob Dylan.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:53 pm

The other night we painted posters.
We played some records by The Coasters.
Wah, wah, wah, wah.
--Frank Zappa
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:58 pm

With two players next year named Jones, I should have a chance to begin my Colt 45 vote with

"And then . . . And then . . . And then . . ."
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

WildCock

Post by WildCock » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:31 pm

stevelee wrote:
WildCock wrote:Even given the average age of posters on this board, steve, that reference might be a bit obscure (except to diehard Lieber-Stoller fans like me).
Then maybe I shouldn't do my parody "Poisson d'avril" to the tune of "Poison Ivy."

The recording dates to before I was a teenager, but according to Wikipedia, it was later covered by the Monkees, and influenced a song by Bob Dylan.
Are the lyrics in English or French? Either way, I'd like to see them (I'm quite familiar with the melody).
Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:26 am

WildCock wrote:Are the lyrics in English or French? Either way, I'd like to see them (I'm quite familiar with the melody).
French, but long forgotten. That was from my high school days, and I probably didn't do much more than the chorus. Knowing me, there were probably stupid puns on English.

Sort of like when were reading that Gil Blas was "franc et honnêtte" and I decided to bring up beach party movies of the period.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:39 am

BDL wrote:
wildforthecats wrote:
BDL wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:Kellan Grady is our point guard… We”ll be able to use others as back up points… But if you think Kellan isn’t a point guard then you don’t know what a point guard looks like.

Just a quick reminder, Jack Gibbs didn’t start a game as a freshman and came off the bench and averaged only 20 minutes a game… I daresay Kellan has the opportunity to surpass Jack’s career.
I don't think anyone is questioning his talent, he clearly has a chance to be an all time davidson great without question. However, many here seem to want a true point guard; Kellan averages under 2 assists a game. Kellan has shown a willingness to drive but I think its completely fair for people to want a shifty/quick guard who creates for others before himself.
Grady is still just a freshman. He will be amazing before he is done.
No one is arguing this point; he is already amazing (one of our best players). I'm just saying I understnd why some want a true point guard. Grady isn't used as a pass first point guard by the way nor should he. His incredible talents are accentuated by how we use him now. He plays alot like Paul Pierce instead of Chris Paul, a focal point but not a floor general.
We didn't have a true point guard in 2014-2015 and things worked out okay.

BDL

Post by BDL » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:20 pm

wildforthecats wrote:
BDL wrote:
wildforthecats wrote:
BDL wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:Kellan Grady is our point guard… We”ll be able to use others as back up points… But if you think Kellan isn’t a point guard then you don’t know what a point guard looks like.

Just a quick reminder, Jack Gibbs didn’t start a game as a freshman and came off the bench and averaged only 20 minutes a game… I daresay Kellan has the opportunity to surpass Jack’s career.
I don't think anyone is questioning his talent, he clearly has a chance to be an all time davidson great without question. However, many here seem to want a true point guard; Kellan averages under 2 assists a game. Kellan has shown a willingness to drive but I think its completely fair for people to want a shifty/quick guard who creates for others before himself.
Grady is still just a freshman. He will be amazing before he is done.
No one is arguing this point; he is already amazing (one of our best players). I'm just saying I understnd why some want a true point guard. Grady isn't used as a pass first point guard by the way nor should he. His incredible talents are accentuated by how we use him now. He plays alot like Paul Pierce instead of Chris Paul, a focal point but not a floor general.
We didn't have a true point guard in 2014-2015 and things worked out okay.
I may be wrong but out offensive system seems to de-emphasize the need for a dominant ball handler.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:56 pm

"I may be wrong but out offensive system seems to de-emphasize the need for a dominant ball handler."

My point exactly.

catborn'bred

Post by catborn'bred » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:15 pm

Yes, I think it is less of an issue of needing purer point guard material and more of needing floor experience for SO and FY guards who are in the process of figuring it out.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:47 am

We need some real news here soon

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:56 am

What's the panic? We have 3, perhaps 4 commits for next year.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

citycat

Post by citycat » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:14 am

In addition to the incoming recruits, Luke will be a freshman next year, too.

One of our assistant coaches needs to be combing JUCO rosters for a big man who qualified academically, but was overlooked.

Baseball has a 1B from Brunswick Community College, so don't say it can't be done.

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:49 am

collegecoach8502 wrote:...perhaps 4...
How very wftc of you...

catborn'bred

Post by catborn'bred » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:19 am

I know that folks are anxious for recruiting news. I am assuming that since we are past the early signing period we may likely not receive recruiting news until the late signing period in April. If we have not identified transfer candidates already, i.e., those who sought a new school by the spring semester, then we may not learn of transfer possibilities either until late spring.

JoMo

Post by JoMo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:32 am

mccabemi wrote:
Acorn wrote:Through thirteen games, the five seniors who have played are accounting for the following percentages of Davidson's:
Which board member is going back the last 5 years so we can compare the numbers :?:
You rang? I've got this in a spreadsheet, that I'll dig up later. I missed this when it was originally posted.
TCC - trust, commitment, care