Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
Wildcat92

Post by Wildcat92 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:13 pm

Wildcat98 wrote:Don’t know who we’re recruiting, but Dear God, we are in desperate need of some athleticism.
Does Barham have any eligibility left?
"When Davidson’s offense is clicking, the reads upon reads of its motion offense unfold like some masterful concerto." - SLAM Magazine. 10/27/15

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Out with ankle injury, last I heard. His broken thumb did heal.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

BDL

Post by BDL » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:09 am

Wildcat98 wrote:Don’t know who we’re recruiting, but Dear God, we are in desperate need of some athleticism.
Just looking at who we've landed since joining the A10 and I think there is a clear pattern. We are targeting tall, long, and rangey players. JAG is 6'4, KG is 6'5, KP is 6'6, Frampton is 6'5, Michael Jones is 6'5 (with the wingspan of a superhero), Little CZ is 6'4/6'5, Carter Collins is 6'3 (and hyper athletic).... you get my point. These heights and attached wingspans can/will cover up a lot of blemishes (some here say we lack foot speed). Looking at forwards we have only landed Dusan and Boachie: Dusan is a true center at 6'10/6'11 and Nelson is more of what we've seen with the guards, he is 6'8 and rangey as all get out. I think we look at two types of forwards: stretch forwards (like Donatas Kupsas, Battin, Tomas Murphy) and more athletic/lanky guys who clearly rear towards defense (Luka and Nelson).

I believe there is a clear attempt by this coaching staff to land length (height and wingspan) and athleticism. These physicals tools arent tantamount to good defense but they make playing good defense alot easier. So itll take time but soon these disappointments will be in the rear view mirror. It takes time and we are in a weird middle right now but a few years and we will clear for takeoff! We recruit too well, have too good a coach(and a great coach in waiting), and while we may not attract top 50 talent we are very attractive to high level (rankings mean nothing but lets say top 200-50 range) kids who want an education (a la stay 3/4 years), a great experience (location, mentoring, coaching, etc), and a competitive conference (outside of this year).

Any thoughts? Disagreements?

bvgerd

Post by bvgerd » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:32 am

BDL wrote:
I believe there is a clear attempt by this coaching staff to land length (height and wingspan) and athleticism. These physicals tools arent tantamount to good defense but they make playing good defense alot easier. So itll take time but soon these disappointments will be in the rear view mirror. It takes time and we are in a weird middle right now but a few years and we will clear for takeoff! We recruit too well, have too good a coach(and a great coach in waiting), and while we may not attract top 50 talent we are very attractive to high level (rankings mean nothing but lets say top 200-50 range) kids who want an education (a la stay 3/4 years), a great experience (location, mentoring, coaching, etc), and a competitive conference (outside of this year).

Any thoughts? Disagreements?
Kind of like Milwaukee is doing in the NBA, making a concerted effort to get longer guys. Im sure the coaches are evaluating all types of players, but extra length definitely helps in contesting shots and potentially helping to cover a little slower speed.

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Fun list featuring our very own Peyton Aldridge:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... igh-school

Davidson was mentioned in connection with Matt Farrell and Ben Lammers at various points as well. Hard to imagine that Luke Maye doesn't top the list of juniors. The staff does a good job of identifying talent.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:08 pm

any new NEW news?

BDL

Post by BDL » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:42 pm

DCA06 wrote:any new NEW news?
No, but cool to point out that Michael Jones was getting alot of interesr from Stanford before he picked us.

MNCAT

Post by MNCAT » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:50 am

BDL wrote:
No, but cool to point out that Michael Jones was getting alot of interesr from Stanford before he picked us.
If the day works out according to plan, I'll go watch Mr. Jones play Saturday afternoon. I can post news after that ... but I think you were hoping for "New" commit news.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:12 pm

yes. new commit interest or any updates on some bigs. I like Luka. He'd be great. interchangeable center/stretch 4 with DK.
Could also go after Maxwell lorca Lloyd - teammate of KG and seems to be attracting interest from some bigger, academically focused colleges.

BDF

Post by BDF » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:28 pm

MNCAT wrote:
BDL wrote:
If the day works out according to plan, I'll go watch Mr. Jones play Saturday afternoon. I can post news after that ... but I think you were hoping for "New" commit news.
Down at the New Amsterdam, presumably.
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

MNCAT

Post by MNCAT » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:28 pm

BDF wrote:
MNCAT wrote:
BDL wrote:
If the game were on the St. Paul side, I would do a Dutch Car Bomb at New Amsterdam. Since the game is in Hopkins, I am thinking post game at Steel Toe Brewery. You know me well.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:18 pm

MNCAT wrote:
BDF wrote:
MNCAT wrote:
BDL wrote:
If the game were on the St. Paul side, I would do a Dutch Car Bomb at New Amsterdam. Since the game is in Hopkins, I am thinking post game at Steel Toe Brewery. You know me well.
Looking forward to seeing 6-4 Peyton in red & black in 2018.

BDF

Post by BDF » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:26 pm

MNCAT wrote:
BDF wrote:
MNCAT wrote:
BDL wrote:
With a black haired, flamenco dancer?
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:43 pm

stevelee wrote:Out with ankle injury, last I heard. His broken thumb did heal.
Barham is back in Ohio recovering, according to Will Thoni.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

El Gato Bizco

Post by El Gato Bizco » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:07 pm

BDF wrote:
MNCAT wrote:
BDF wrote:
MNCAT wrote:
BDL wrote:
With a black haired, flamenco dancer?
Careful mate, in some cultures, the counting of crows brings about bad kharma.