Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
71cat

Post by 71cat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:42 pm

The Riley Battin doubters say he’s not athletic enough to play high major college basketball, but what those naysayers don’t factor in is his work ethic and elite inside-out skill[...]

This kid was BORN to play for McKillop. And he seems to know it. Send him some before/after Tyler K. video.
"That little sucker can shoot, man!"
Driesell, C. "Lefty" (1931-)

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:44 pm

CatsUpNorth wrote:Riley Battin article/update: https://www.prephoops.com/2017/06/recru ... ttin-2018/

I splurged and got a subscription, clearly I have a problem, but here's an excerpt:

Be careful. I'm pretty sure that isn't legal.
Last edited by i77cat on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Riley Battin could be the next Peyton Aldridge. From what I saw on the YouTube montage, he's Battin 1.000.

And yes, I'm sitting in a bathtub of Kool-Aid as I type this.
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:04 pm

i77cat wrote:
CatsUpNorth wrote:Riley Battin article/update: https://www.prephoops.com/2017/06/recru ... ttin-2018/

I splurged and got a subscription, clearly I have a problem, but here's an excerpt:

Ah, I didn't even consider this. Hopefully it is okay because it's just an excerpt and not the whole article, but will be careful moving forward.

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:02 pm

Peyton will be our third big man in 6 years to win a conference MVP (unless the voters' brains turn into tapioca or Jalen Adams/ St. Bonaventure has a better year than I think he/they can). None were exceptionally high ranking recruits. That smells like player development to me.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:44 pm

In terms of player development, am I alone in thinking about the alternative universe where SC30 goes to a bigger program, gets less playing time, and is never given the chance to develop into a point guard?
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:39 pm

Riley Battin highlights from his summer. Shot from a good angle showing off his ridiculous feet in the post: http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_arti ... ferrer_id=

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:26 pm

CatsUpNorth wrote:
i77cat wrote:

Ah, I didn't even consider this. Hopefully it is okay because it's just an excerpt and not the whole article, but will be careful moving forward.
Most message boards have pretty strict rules against publishing material from subscription sites. Some message boards have been sued for allowing this practice. Back when I moderated, I always deleted such material. Maybe the rules have changed. Doubt it. Moderators should probably check out the current laws. It used to be considered theft.
Last edited by i77cat on Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:33 pm

i77cat wrote:
CatsUpNorth wrote:
i77cat wrote:

or a paraphrase: he really likes us
]
Most message boards have pretty strict rules against publishing material from subscription sites. Some message boards have been sued for allowing this practice. Back when I moderated, I always deleted such material. Maybe the rules have changed. Doubt it. Moderators should probably check out the current laws. It used to be considered theft.
If any moderator wants to delete it and the sections quoted in posts, fine by me, just want to report Battin likes us.
Last edited by CatsUpNorth on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:36 pm

You can always edit your posts and take out offending sections, rather than waiting for a moderator to delete it as a whole.

Quoters need to follow suit, though. It does seem odd to quote material one believes to be illegal, though.

But I do like knowing he likes Davidson.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

BDL

Post by BDL » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:43 pm

Many of the sb nation blogs post excerpts from these exclusive, "pay to read" websites all of the time. While it might be illegal it isn't usually punished (for example copying music from the internet and such).

WildCock

Post by WildCock » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:22 am

A paraphrase would convey the same information and be completely legal.
Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:12 am

stevelee wrote:You can always edit your posts and take out offending sections, rather than waiting for a moderator to delete it as a whole..
I can edit my post, but cannot edit other posts that have quoted it (to my knowledge) which would leave deleting all the excerpts up to the moderators if they want.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:22 am

Or to all the individuals involved.

Copyright law is rather complex and involves matters of degree as well as kind.

Internet terms of service is another issue. A guy was subject to a million dollar fine and ten years in jail for violating MIT's terms of service for information he legally had access to and none of which was secret. He chose suicide over fighting the case.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:39 am

Please do not deem the following to be legal advice because it is not that. Inasmuch as this website dispenses real news, not fake news, it is covered by the Ist Amendment privilege that allows news reporters to quote small portions of copyrighted material for publication under the "fair use" doctrine.

I am unaware of any rulings by Judge Traxler denying this journalism privilege to davidsoncats.com or any other Fan Board. :roll: :P
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri