Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:02 am

BDL wrote:
stevelee wrote:I bet we'd still take him if he changed his mind.

I think having more guys playing down here could help NC not seem off the edge of the world to New England prep players.
I have a friend who is a huge UNC fan and he doesn't think Platek will last there; says he transfers sooner than later.
We don't want any Tar Hole rejects. They are a baseball school anyway, wait.....................................................

8-)

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:04 am

BDL wrote:

I think having more guys playing down here could help NC not seem off the edge of the world to New England prep players.
I have a friend who is a huge UNC fan and he doesn't think Platek will last there; says he transfers sooner than later.
This is silly. Your friend thinks this because he doesn't have a ranking next to his name. Platek very well might not fit or succeed there but saying that before he reaches campus is in poor taste, especially when he's a better shooter than the other guards on the roster.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:08 am

CatsUpNorth wrote:
BDL wrote:

This is silly. Your friend thinks this because he doesn't have a ranking next to his name. Platek very well might not fit or succeed there but saying that before he reaches campus is in poor taste, especially when he's a better shooter than the other guards on the roster.
+1 Yes. They said the same thing about Maye. Think they would know better.

BDL

Post by BDL » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:50 pm

wildforthecats wrote:
CatsUpNorth wrote:
BDL wrote:

+1 Yes. They said the same thing about Maye. Think they would know better.
Well he actually said it because he played against him in high school, not because of a ranking. Everyone is allowed their own opinion, even if it is wrong.

graveline

Post by graveline » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Elon inks duje radja, son of former Celtic Dino. I was in Boston for prep school in the dark ages of Celtic basketball...bird, Mchale, and parish retired, Reggie Lewis and Len bias has tragically died young. The Cs inked euro league star radja who put up 20 points per game, played zero defense, and chainsmoked at half time
If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said it

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:33 pm

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

bagelcat

Post by bagelcat » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:12 am

every Croatian and Serbian smokes. It's required of all citizens of the former Yugoslavia. Montenegrans (sic) probably smoke, too.

I think Vlade Divac smoked while he was playing.

I am old enough to remember when coaches could smoke on the bench. Tom Heinsohn was often surorunded by a billow of smoke.

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:53 am

In August 1968, my family did the "Roots Trip" to Copenhagen and Sweden, despite my being 100% Irish, I went along. At every home of my Dad's relatives that we visited, instead of a bowl on nuts or candy, the hosts put out a bowl filled with loose cigarettes, many unfiltered.

My Dad's aunts smoked small cigars while knocking back drinks called Acavit, which makes grain alcohol taste good and tame.

Obviously, Viking were tough folks as are their descendants. Long live Ragnar.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:33 pm

"Nasir Johnson took an unofficial visit to Davidson."

WildCock

Post by WildCock » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:54 pm

MLC67 wrote:In August 1968, my family did the "Roots Trip" to Copenhagen and Sweden, despite my being 100% Irish, I went along. At every home of my Dad's relatives that we visited, instead of a bowl on nuts or candy, the hosts put out a bowl filled with loose cigarettes, many unfiltered.

My Dad's aunts smoked small cigars while knocking back drinks called Acavit, which makes grain alcohol taste good and tame.

Obviously, Viking were tough folks as are their descendants. Long live Ragnar.
Wikipedia says it is spelled 'aquavit' or 'akvavit' (loose translation 'water of life'). I have never had an opportunity to sample this potent potion, but I understand that it will cure what ails ya.
Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:35 pm

but I understand that it will cure what ails ya
On the principle that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

MNCAT

Post by MNCAT » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Don't you blaspheme in here. Aquavit is an amazing spirit. Here in the Minnesota hinterlands, where basketball news is scare so get back on topic, it is consumed straight up or used in cocktails. Some versions can peel paint, but I think the same can be said for most clear liquors.

I may even have served some to I77 on one of his trips up here.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:02 pm

Probably tastes better than Aqua Velva.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:40 pm

Strongly flavored of caraway. You keep it in the freezer (I think so it doesn't spontaneously combust).
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:20 pm

Another teammate taking an unofficial visit.

https://t.co/mxamnSV9bG?amp=1