Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
BDL

Post by BDL » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:34 pm

any word on Anticevich now that Cuonzo Martin is officially gone?

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:44 pm

I think the word is "Welcome!"

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:57 pm

I'd bet against California releasing him.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:03 pm

i77cat wrote:I'd bet against California releasing him.
Seems like if the head coach leaves, the player can do what he wants. I'm sure I am wrong.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:23 pm

Don't believe he is allowed to sign a national letter of intent until April signing date, so if that is true he is free to do what he wants. Even if he did sign, new coaching staffs usually offer little resistance to kids who want to play elsewhere if there is a coaching change; who wants to have a kid in the program who doesn't want to be there (there are definitely exceptions but it is usually looked down upon).

With respect to Grant, zero news on that front (at least publicly). Depends on if he committed to the coach or the school. I also think he will likely wait until the school hires a new coach, who will have the opportunity to try and convince him and their other recruits to stay.

JoMo

Post by JoMo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:45 am

wildforthecats wrote:
Seems like if the head coach leaves, the player can do what he wants. I'm sure I am wrong.
Correct - this is how De'Mon Brooks ended up at Davidson. He had committed to Hampton, but Hampton fired the head coach that had recruited him, effectively releasing him from his verbal commitment.
TCC - trust, commitment, care

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:58 am

JoMo wrote:
wildforthecats wrote:
Correct - this is how De'Mon Brooks ended up at Davidson. He had committed to Hampton, but Hampton fired the head coach that had recruited him, effectively releasing him from his verbal commitment.
Howard?

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:02 am

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/spor ... .html?_r=0

http://www.ncsasports.org/blog/2015/10/ ... s-program/

My bad. I thought Antecevich had signed an NLI. If he had, it would be the school's choice to release him or not. If he's only given a verbal, he can still change his mind.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:03 am

mccabemi wrote:
JoMo wrote:
wildforthecats wrote:
Howard?
Howard sounds right. It definitely wasn't Hampton. Thank again to Jordan Downing.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:08 am

i77cat wrote:
mccabemi wrote:
JoMo wrote:
wildforthecats wrote:
Howard?
Howard sounds right. It definitely wasn't Hampton. Thank again to Jordan Downing.
Howard is correct.

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:38 am

Definitely Howard University, which as I understand is a large historically black, urban school with a campus in a very bustling area of our nation's capital. Most assuredly, HU is not similar to DU in any facet that comes readily to mind.

Accordingly, this is a good opportunity to republish my Open Letter to De'Mon, asking him to share with us all the story of his recruitment, first successfully by Howard, then the reasons for his decision to matriculate the ball down the Court at Davidson.

Hey, Big Guy, we still luv you, know you are doing well (being a DU alum and all) and hope to hear from you. Thanks.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:50 am

I know it's just an all star game, but Carter Collins update:

http://www.thestate.com/sports/high-sch ... 62063.html

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:32 am

mccabemi wrote:I know it's just an all star game, but Carter Collins update:

http://www.thestate.com/sports/high-sch ... 62063.html
You beat me to it. But here's another story:

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports ... 64418.html

TOK

Post by TOK » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:11 am

MLC67 wrote:Definitely Howard University, which as I understand is a large historically black, urban school with a campus in a very bustling area of our nation's capital. Most assuredly, HU is not similar to DU in any facet that comes readily to mind.

Accordingly, this is a good opportunity to republish my Open Letter to De'Mon, asking him to share with us all the story of his recruitment, first successfully by Howard, then the reasons for his decision to matriculate the ball down the Court at Davidson.

Hey, Big Guy, we still luv you, know you are doing well (being a DU alum and all) and hope to hear from you. Thanks.
Howard has very high academic standards and is a very highly regarded university. Demon's mom used to ride the booster club bus to away games. I asked her once about Why Howard and why DU. She said that they have family in DC and of course Demon went to high school here in NC. so both were like "home" as far as location.

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:31 am

Thank you TOK for sharing your conversation with De'Mon's mother. I certainly did not intend to belittle the academic rigors of Howard, as my thoughts as to classes did not go beyond thinking that very large class sizes would be the norm there. I have great respect for the quality of education obtainable at Howard University.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri