Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
rbarney

Recruiting

Post by rbarney » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:05 pm

Another good reason to put on a good show at UNC.

straycat

Re: Recruiting

Post by straycat » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:31 pm

rbarney wrote:Another good reason to put on a good show at UNC.
He and his classmates in Cannon School Chorus put on a great show at Christmas in Davidson. Last night. On the Green. Heard he has offers from 10 schools and that list is probably growing.

Wildcat92

Post by Wildcat92 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:55 pm

I remain concerned about how quiet this thread is, and how we have no prospects for next year's class.
"When Davidson’s offense is clicking, the reads upon reads of its motion offense unfold like some masterful concerto." - SLAM Magazine. 10/27/15

MikeMaloy15

Post by MikeMaloy15 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:40 pm

I remain concerned that a comet might hit the Arener and reduce it to the condition of Richardson Field.

kevin mcmahon

Post by kevin mcmahon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:58 pm

We lose two, we gain three. The backcourt and the frontcourt both get bigger and it ain't even ova yet.
"Microphones are for Navy guys"... Ranger H.

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:13 pm

Surely coach will be on soon to update us.

Steve Rodgers

Post by Steve Rodgers » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:34 pm

MikeMaloy15 wrote:I remain concerned that a comet might hit the Arener and reduce it to the condition of Richardson Field.
I\

And I believe that robots are stealing my luggage.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:51 am

Wildcat92 wrote:I remain concerned about how quiet this thread is, and how we have no prospects for next year's class.
Waitress is a righteous dude, but do you really think this prospect list is 100% accurate, i.e. the only folks that are looking at Davidson/we are looking at them? I think not.

wildcat2001

Post by wildcat2001 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:16 am

I wouldn't be surprised to learn we have one or two hidden gems in the works via our international networks.

Magarrity's glowing recommendation, and the fact that he can so favorably compare Davidson to a(n arguably) flashier program in BC... before he even plays a competitive game for us... surely that will only increase our profile in the European ranks.

Adding him, plus this year's two freshmen, as has been pointed out above, means the lack of news on the recruiting front a bit less concerning.
"that big jug headed gent can't deal with brooks down low" - Gerdy from Thirty

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:06 pm

wildforthecats wrote:
Wildcat92 wrote:I remain concerned about how quiet this thread is, and how we have no prospects for next year's class.
Waitress is a righteous dude, but do you really think this prospect list is 100% accurate, i.e. the only folks that are looking at Davidson/we are looking at them? I think not.
As evidenced by several posts from stan, we sometimes don't know there was interest in a prospect until his commitment elsewhere. (I add them to the list anyway.)

I do hear rumors, but unless I see public references, they stay off the list. Anyone can link those reports and I'll update the list. I have two modest goals: to chronicle the kids who are willing to consider playing basketball at Davidson; and to never get an email, text, or call accusing me of costing the coaching staff a recruit.
The earth is round. Two plus two equals four.

~Tip well.

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:30 pm

wildcat2001 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to learn we have one or two hidden gems in the works via our international networks.

Magarrity's glowing recommendation, and the fact that he can so favorably compare Davidson to a(n arguably) flashier program in BC... before he even plays a competitive game for us... surely that will only increase our profile in the European ranks.

Adding him, plus this year's two freshmen, as has been pointed out above, means the lack of news on the recruiting front a bit less concerning.
Magarrity will be a huge shot in the arm for us -- getting to practice with the team for a full year and learning the system without the pressure of on-the-job training should exponentially increase his confidence level. And while Pritchett and Kovacevic will not have quite the same advantages since they can't fully work out with the team, they'll absorb much -- such as team chemistry -- by mere osmosis. I presume that merely being present at practices and film sessions will place them 'way ahead in the learning process. Still, with our recent penchant for injuries, I'd like for Santa to bring us a point guard for Christmas.
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

stan

Post by stan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:15 pm

Spoke with a college guy at the gym who plays pickup hoops with my son. I asked how basketball was going this season for his little brother who is on the middle school team at Knoxville Christian School (not to be confused with CAK). He said [best I can remember]:
Going great. Allan Houston is really building a program there. They have three 6-8 guys, one in middle school. A 6-11 player from Sudan just enrolled a couple of days ago. He's a really good 3 point shooter and his handles are better than mine.
Allan Houston (Knicks and UT) put up the cash for the Wade and Allan Houston Courts at KCS.

Anyone with recruiting chops know anything about 6-11 shooters from the Sudan? I didn't get his name, but I suspect it would be easy to get. Given how small KCS is, I doubt there are too many 6-11 Sudanese on campus.
"Then they started making 3s. A lot of 3s. We're talking more 3s than a bad dating site."

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:30 pm

Merry Christmas... 8)

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:35 pm

gleðileg jól
The earth is round. Two plus two equals four.

~Tip well.

wildcat2001

Post by wildcat2001 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:17 pm

wildforthecats wrote:Merry Christmas... 8)
Waitress wrote:gleðileg jól
... ^ Tell me something good?! (Merry Christmas, presumed and not the least bit overlooked!)
"that big jug headed gent can't deal with brooks down low" - Gerdy from Thirty