Wizard gonna wizard

The best posts to appear on DavidsonCats.Com.
i77cat

Wizard gonna wizard

Post by i77cat » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:26 am

MikeMaloy15 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:15 am

WildCock wrote: ↑Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:14 pm
wildforthecats wrote: ↑Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:53 pm
MikeMaloy15 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:49 pm
Looks like we disagree.

I'm looking forward to wftc's reaction.
March 15, 1969. Gerald Tuttle flops, Kroll fouls out with 1:30 left on the clock.
I should know better than to argue with you guys. But I was in Raleigh in '68, was watching on TV in '69. According to the online box scores, Kroll fouled out in '68, too. Were there similar events both years? Or has my memory completely failed me?
OK [assuming raspy voice] Wildcock, Wildcock, what have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? I understand. You found Davidson trivia paradise on this board, you had a good board name, made good posts. The mods protected you and there were courts of law. And you didn’t need a friend like me. But now you come to me and you say, “MikeMaloy15, give me the facts from a March 16, 1968 Davidson game.” But you don’t ask with respect. You don’t offer friendship. You don’t even think to call me “Wizard.” Instead, you come into my wheelhouse on the day our team is to advance to a conference finals, and you ask for detailed trivia, after challenging me on a simple fact known and mourned in our family for nearly 53 years.

So, fine. The only offensive foul down the stretch in 1968 was committed by Dick Grubar. UNC went four corners with a 57-54 lead, stretched it out to 7, then Davidson cut it down to a one possession game (on a Huckel shot) before UNC broke the press for a Scott layup that iced it. In those pre-3 pointer days, the last 5 minutes were too close to look away but the ending seemed inevitable. It was like dying of 18th century medicine, while 1969 was like being struck by a bolt of lightning.

Some day and that day may never come, I’ll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day—accept this trivia detail as a gift on our team’s conference tournament semifinal day.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge