No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:30 pm

Tiger has been impressive this weekend.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:40 pm

Yep, he's playing to the absolute limit of his ability. And probably a bit beyond. Maybe he'll have a great winter and win a big tournament next season. And, hell, he's only a stroke off the lead right now. Something crazy could happen today. 1% chance? 2%?
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:48 pm

wildforthecats wrote:Tiger has been impressive this weekend.
You might even say that his play has been "elite".

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:09 pm

It has been. He isn't. Not yet. Maybe he'll get back to that point. Give him room, even if he doesn't want it.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:21 pm

i77cat wrote:It has been. He isn't. Not yet. Maybe he'll get back to that point. Give him room, even if he doesn't want it.
Agreed. Koepka looks like the Tiger-slayer today. With the 'guns' he has, he might be able to take out an actual tiger.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:22 pm

Gotta love Stewart Cink finishing strong.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:24 pm

Koepka is going to win. That'll be 3 of the last 7 majors. And how about cousin Stewart? 11 under at 45 years old.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:56 pm

Steve Rodgers

Post by Steve Rodgers » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:28 pm

Impressive play by Tiger. Seems like he has a possibility of another major. Two problems though: So many good young players who aren't intimidated by the reputation and of course the second problem is the Old Man is Down the Road. And he's unbeaten.

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:02 am

Tiger wishes there were another major coming up in a few weeks. I said at the time of the British Open that I thought his game was still trending upward and I think it showed on Sun. at the PGA. He was sharp.

His swing looks better than it has in years. He's staying much more level through the downswing rather than dropping his head down and snapping back up at impact, a move that is very difficult to time. He's also putting great.

Still gotta get a win, though. Once he does, and I believe now that he will, it might just get him over the hump. He will absolutely play at the Ryder Cup matches, barring further injury.

Meanwhile, Koepka is a beast. Time for "The Media" to notice him, for a change.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:33 pm

I'm with Hank Haney on this one. Tiger's putting was spectacular Sunday. 23 putts. He can't do better than that. He probably can't equal it. But hitting a handful of fairways and only 12 greens isn't going to get it done.

I'm sure that Tiger wishes another major was just around the corner. He probably wishes there were one every week. But he would't win a major next week. Or next month. The fields are too good. But he gets eight months to be ready for the Masters. I don't think he'll win another major, but I still think he can win a lesser event. And he'll be fun to watch as he tries to recapture his greatness.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:42 pm

i77cat wrote:I'm with Hank Haney on this one. Tiger's putting was spectacular Sunday. 23 putts. He can't do better than that. He probably can't equal it. But hitting a handful of fairways and only 12 greens isn't going to get it done.

I'm sure that Tiger wishes another major was just around the corner. He probably wishes there were one every week. But he would't win a major next week. Or next month. The fields are too good. But he gets eight months to be ready for the Masters. I don't think he'll win another major, but I still think he can win a lesser event. And he'll be fun to watch as he tries to recapture his greatness.
Same Haney that would visit the Douglas farm?

citycat

Post by citycat » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:10 pm

The Agricultural Extension Agent.

Not to be confused with either of the Monroe Brothers, the plumbers.

85Wildcatsky

Post by 85Wildcatsky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Tiger should go back to Haney or Harmon and get his driver figured out. He will win if he gets that club going.

I disagree that the tour is very deep now. I think we have a lot of players who are streaky but really can't maintain a high level consistently. Many of these players will win one week and then miss several cuts. I don't know if a lot the current players study the game and courses like Tiger does.
Pioneer League Football Champions 2020
Pioneer League Football Champions 2021 :D
FCS Playoffs 2020
FCS Playoffs 2021
FCS Playoffs 2022

slowcat95

Post by slowcat95 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:54 am

I'm tired of golf. I'm also tired of UNC athletics scandals, but they just won't stop coming.

https://www.newsobserver.com/opinion/le ... 51635.html

‘Connect the dots’ between CTE skepticism and Jay Smith’s UNC athletics course
August 12, 2018 09:52 AM

Updated August 10, 2018 01:55 PM

"Regarding “UNC athletic director, concussion researcher defend Fedora after backlash over CTE comments” (July 19): People who reacted with disbelief to UNC football coach Larry Fedora’s denial of a link between football and brain injury said he should talk to Kevin Guskiewicz, dean of Arts & Sciences and co-director of the Sports-Related Traumatic Brain Injury Center.

Certainly he should have talked to the pre-NFL Guskiewicz, whose studies found football dangerous. At that time, Guskiewicz said the NFL hired other doctors and scientists to “put out the fire,” alluding to the public relations value of industry-funded research.

But Guskiewicz later took NFL funding, including $2.6 million in 2017. That year, he was quoted in the Daily Tar Heel as saying, “We do not have a concussion crisis,” and “There’s no cause and effect relationship that’s been identified yet” between football and chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE). Quite a turnaround, even while evidence of a link was mounting.

In 2017, Guskiewicz was embroiled in another controversy. The Faculty Grievance Committee found that he had placed pressure on the chair of the UNC History Department, in a manner “inconsistent with ... academic freedom,” to keep Professor Jay Smith’s course about big-time college athletics off the regular academic schedule.

Two controversies, but it’s not hard to connect the dots.

SHERRYL KLEINMAN

CHAPEL HILL"
she/hers