No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:31 pm

DC69Wildcat wrote:
wildforthecats wrote:"I've never made an association"

Never my love?
This discussion is getting rather windy, and I cherish WFTC's interjection of humor.
Damn it, I'm funny!

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:47 pm

Never my love?
Sang it at my cousin's wedding, many moons ago.

Musta done ok, they are still married.

Sorry you missed it, WFTC.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:12 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/9533fb46 ... -beat.html

50 cent? I'd pay 500 cents to watch that one.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:37 pm

Oh Come now, SlowSpeed: while Love is blind, the internet is forever :!: Your protestation of mere personal botherment is belied by your assertion of outright embarrassment on behalf of the entire College Community. Me thinkest that your hurt feelings would be absolved were U to Enter the Young and let them just be Windy.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

slowcat95

Post by slowcat95 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:55 pm

MLC67 wrote:Oh Come now, SlowSpeed: while Love is blind, the internet is forever :!: Your protestation of mere personal botherment is belied by your assertion of outright embarrassment on behalf of the entire College Community. Me thinkest that your hurt feelings would be absolved were U to Enter the Young and let them just be Windy.
You misinterpret me, as usual. D Block's actions often embarrass me. I'm am not embarrassed on behalf of Alma mater. Nor are my feelings hurt. Nor have I ever advocated for banning the chant. I simply provided an alternative opinion to MITI's disdain for those who seek to ban said chants.

I forgot, however, how resistant some vocal members of this august forum are to alternative opinions.
she/hers

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:21 pm

slowcat95 wrote:D Block's actions often embarrass me.
I'll confess to being embarassed by this particular D-Block action.

"... coming out of the murky, dreary jungle of untutored mediocrity."

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:14 pm

slowcat95 wrote:
MLC67 wrote:Oh Come now, SlowSpeed: while Love is blind, the internet is forever :!: Your protestation of mere personal botherment is belied by your assertion of outright embarrassment on behalf of the entire College Community. Me thinkest that your hurt feelings would be absolved were U to Enter the Young and let them just be Windy.
You misinterpret me, as usual. D Block's actions often embarrass me. I'm am not embarrassed on behalf of Alma mater. Nor are my feelings hurt. Nor have I ever advocated for banning the chant. I simply provided an alternative opinion to MITI's disdain for those who seek to ban said chants.

I forgot, however, how resistant some vocal members of this august forum are to alternative opinions.
It's September, not August.

WildCock

Post by WildCock » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:15 pm

Dr. Bliss wrote:

Never my love?
Sang it at my cousin's wedding, many moons ago.

Musta done ok, they are still married.

Sorry you missed it, WFTC.
They played at DU, I believe it was the 67-68 school year.
Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:31 am

There are some 'quick' wits on this board. No offense, 'SlowCat'....

graveline

Post by graveline » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:56 am

I think you oldsters are missing some context, as usual. D block chants seem to have two Genesis
1. Soccer stadium chants (I beleive that we will win)
2. Rap music (popped a molly, I'm sweating)

The USA one falls in the former category. Much to captneffs dismay, European football culture with the chants, songs, tifos, and scarfs in in vogue these days. The American outlaws (the traveling us national team supporters group) have co-opted the European model of singing the anthem with extreme gusto following it immeaditly with a USA chant. Any other context is your own.
If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said it

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:10 am

graveline wrote:I think you oldsters are missing some context, ...
I resemble that remark!
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

WildCock

Post by WildCock » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:22 am

I can remember two occasions when 'USA' chants were directed at Davidson teams. Both were basketball games during the 2008-09 season. The first came at Wofford, usually when one of our international players was at the foul line. The other was in the NIT game here in Columbia, and was mostly directed at Andrew Lovedale. Andrew took lots of other, stronger, verbal abuse from Gamecock fans during that game; I was embarrassed on behalf of my second alma mater.
Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:26 am

WildCock wrote:I can remember two occasions when 'USA' chants were directed at Davidson teams. Both were basketball games during the 2008-09 season. The first came at Wofford, usually when one of our international players was at the foul line. The other was in the NIT game here in Columbia, and was mostly directed at Andrew Lovedale. Andrew took lots of other, stronger, verbal abuse from Gamecock fans during that game; I was embarrassed on behalf of my second alma mater.
I purposely didn't go to the 3/17/09 game vs South Carolina because I knew the fans would make me too angry. Watched the second half victory on the tube.

seamac77

Post by seamac77 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:57 pm

Rocky Top hail mary pass defense.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:02 pm

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge