No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
Ursa Midmajor

Post by Ursa Midmajor » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:52 am

"No one is Steph Curry” ~ Draymond Green

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:49 pm

I read the caption on the link. Do I still need to go to the link?

Ursa Midmajor

Post by Ursa Midmajor » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:53 pm

Nope. Good headline writer.

TOK

Post by TOK » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:45 pm

I thought the bottle rocks out the rectum were funny, but the magic mushroom story is even funnier.

I guess this is why they call this silly season....

Steve Rodgers

Post by Steve Rodgers » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:49 pm

This is clearly anti Ohio propaganda created by evil Michiganders. Undoubtedly the man high on mushrooms was really from Ann Arbor.

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:00 pm

TOK wrote:I thought the bottle rocks out the rectum were funny, but the magic mushroom story is even funnier.

I guess this is why they call this silly season....
Phallus ravenelii
The earth is round. Two plus two equals four.

~Tip well.

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:06 pm

"Parts of the man's body were transferred to the hospital with him."

That's not a sentence you see very often.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

JohnMoc1

Post by JohnMoc1 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:35 pm

I have a friend at work that bashes football all the time. He likes the NBA (not college basketball really, but somewhat) and soccer, but hates football. He's been saying it's all about football players and NBA players never get arrested for murder or things that bad.

I've been trying to think of basketball players charged with murder, attempted murder, or something along the lines of what Sandusky did. I'm terrible at this sort of thing though. I really can only remember three sports criminals off the top of my head- OJ Simpson, Rae Carruth, and now Aaron Hernandez. Anyone got NBA players for similar? I'm sure they're out there. How about soccer players?

I like football (not so much the NFL as college, but still). So he thinks he's winning the argument. I'm sure some smart people on here can help me out. Or maybe not. Maybe he's right. I just bet there's more that I'm not thinking of....

MikeMaloy15

Post by MikeMaloy15 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:54 pm

A Baylor player murdered a teammate not long after Logan Kosmalski tranferred to Davidson.

Not much else truly awful comes to mind, though it's possible/likely I've forgotten something obvious.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:00 pm

Baylor guy's name was Dotson. He murdered Dennehy. First name was Patrick, I think.

In the NBA, Bison Dele was murdered. Jayson Williams, not the guy who appeared to get high at halftime during the Marshall at Davidson game, but the big guy was charged with something. I don't remember the details but I think his driver was killed with Williams' shotgun. And didn't Javaris Crittenton get charged with murder?
Last edited by i77cat on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

citycat

Post by citycat » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:55 pm

Jayson Williams was a former St. John's player who had a long NBA career and was moving into broadcasting when a limo driver was shot and killed at a party at his home. Williams sucked several attendees into a complicated scheme to make it appear the driver shot himself. Jayson Williams eventually accepted responsibility.

A former James Madison player, Jason Miskiri, was a guest at the party. Miskiri played one game in the NBA, I think.

Jay Williams, the Duke grad/commentator, was Jason Williams, but became "Jay" to differentiate himself from all the other Jason/Jayson Williamses.

The Dennehey/Dotson killing exposed the rot in the Baylor basketball program and ruined Dave Bliss's reputation.

MadelastCut

Post by MadelastCut » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:52 am

The Jayson Williams homicide case moved up and down from the trial courts to the NJ Supremes several times over a number of years, so it got considerable state-wide press coverage. Mr. Williams hired a limo, with driver, to party with his large group of friends in NYC before they all returned to his mansion in north jersey for more partying. Mr. Williams graciously invited the limo driver to join the festivities inside the home.

At one point, Mr. Williams asked this driver to come with him into the master bedroom - to examine a particularly fine rifle. When Mr. Williams shouldered the weapon and pointed it at this fellow, it discharged a bullet that killed the gentleman. At which time, the elaborate cover-up commenced. Seems sad that I do not even remember the name of the deceased.

Ursa Midmajor

Post by Ursa Midmajor » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:49 am

Javaris Crittenton charged with murder here in Atlanta. He was the guy who pulled the gun on Gilbert Arenas in the locker room. Another of Paul Hewitt's stellar one and done recruits at Georgia Tech.

El_Gato_Loco

Post by El_Gato_Loco » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:13 am

"Davidson could win. But, knowing Coach K, there isn't a doubt in my mind that Duke will lose."

- Duke fan message board.

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:09 pm

More info on Demario Mayfield's arrest from this weekend's paper. Also picked up by yahoo sports...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/0 ... riefs.html