No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:50 pm

Lavar is contemplating pulling Liangelo out of school and enrolling him in the Big Baller Home University if Alford follows through with this.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:57 pm

DC69Wildcat wrote:Lavar is contemplating pulling Liangelo out of school and enrolling him in the Big Baller Home University if Alford follows through with this.
Alford would be happy....saves him the trouble
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:02 am

Who wants a thief in the locker room? Those kids' TCC is weak.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

citycat

Post by citycat » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:06 am

UCLA and UCA going into overtime.

UCLA won, 106-101.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:03 am

collegecoach8502 wrote:
Dr. Bliss wrote:https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... t-in-china

Wonder what kind of sanctions they will face from the coach/team/university?
Press conference scheduled with coach/AD to announce player punishment and sanctions against China
Like! 🤣

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:34 pm

Wildcat92 wrote:The NCAA just decided Beverly is out for THE ENTIRE SEASON at NCSU.

For going to class.
Update. The player missed two games. He scored 20 tonight in the upset over Arizona.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

BDF

Post by BDF » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:53 am

Alabam,a played the involuntary Loyola against Minnesota, and almost won.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men ... players-10
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

tennis08tarheels

Post by tennis08tarheels » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:06 am

Anyone catch the UT-Knoxville fanbase's meltdown today? Stan, Neff, any other fellow current Tennesseans?

seamac77

Post by seamac77 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:57 am

tennis08tarheels wrote:Anyone catch the UT-Knoxville fanbase's meltdown today? Stan, Neff, any other fellow current Tennesseans?
Picked this up from Will Thoni's twitter feed..

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/934874633152626688

dorp

Post by dorp » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:35 am

tennis08tarheels wrote:Anyone catch the UT-Knoxville fanbase's meltdown today? Stan, Neff, any other fellow current Tennesseans?
*tennis-seans?

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:47 am

One of my all-time favorite movies
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

captneff26

Post by captneff26 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:30 pm

Candidly, they just don't want anyone except Gruden. Their hearts are set on it, so they would find fault with anyone. The same people screaming about "Tennessee values" and morality alternatively want Lane Kiffin back! Lol.

As for Schiano, I believe there are currently unresolvable competing versions about his knowledge. The one UT fans hang their hats on and tout as being "under oath" claims that another person came to the witness and said Schiano was white as a ghost and said he had seen Sandusky. So it's hearsay under oath. Another witness says under oath he has direct information that Schiano did not know. And, of course, Schiano denies it. In the current climate, I'm not sure the truth even matters to people anymore. But this may ruin his chances of ever getting another HC job.

In any event, UT fans are picking the version that keeps their pipe dreams about Gruden alive.

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:03 pm

captneff26 wrote:
Candidly, they just don't want anyone except Gruden. Their hearts are set on it, so they would find fault with anyone. The same people screaming about "Tennessee values" and morality alternatively want Lane Kiffin back! Lol.

As for Schiano, I believe there are currently unresolvable competing versions about his knowledge. The one UT fans hang their hats on and tout as being "under oath" claims that another person came to the witness and said Schiano was white as a ghost and said he had seen Sandusky. So it's hearsay under oath. Another witness says under oath he has direct information that Schiano did not know. And, of course, Schiano denies it. In the current climate, I'm not sure the truth even matters to people anymore. But this may ruin his chances of ever getting another HC job.

In any event, UT fans are picking the version that keeps their pipe dreams about Gruden alive.
At the end of the day, they will likely be looking for a new AD and a new head coach. Which in the end, will result in the head coach search taking longer. They already will be faced with the fact that no good in his right mind will take the job and they may have to wait for an AD search to finish to make any head coach hire. Schiano has a bad wrap from his Tampa Bay days in the NFL, but at the end of the day, he has been a good college coach.

There are going to be some nasty lawsuits over this before it's all said and done. Guessing we will see a few more posts on this thread.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:24 pm

captneff26 wrote:

They were happy to hire Bruce Pearl to coach their basketball team. They don't have the patience to go with a high character guy. They need a guy who cheats, cheats well, and never gets caught.

tennis08tarheels

Post by tennis08tarheels » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:51 am

captneff26 wrote:

This is almost exactly what I was saying throughout the day on Sunday. The trumped-up "anger" is because Vol fans are delusional enough to think that they deserve a name-brand coach. I can't even imagine how brainwashed a person must be to believe that Jon Gruden waded through eight years of overtures from college teams, and that whole time he was waiting for TENNESSEE to call. :roll:

Schiano was almost certainly the best-case scenario for UT...and you're 100% right, there is no way of knowing the facts of the PSU situation. "Unresolvable" is a great summary.