Up next: Catawba

The 2020-21 Pioneer Football League CHAMPIONS! NCAA Playoff Team
Derek Smith

Re: Up next: Catawba

Post by Derek Smith » Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:25 pm

I never said he did have anything to do with it however I'm fairly certain that I did not say Dale Earnhardt Junior Saturday night on the microphone.
Sit vis nobiscum

85Wildcatsky

Post by 85Wildcatsky » Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:10 pm

wildforthecats wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 9:58 am
Glad to see we finally have play reviews now in the Pioneer league.
Our game video is much improved as well.

If you have ESPN+ you can watch the replay. I was pretty impressed last night watching. Replays, different camera angles, video special effects, etc. There is a great bottom margin bar showing score, time, and play clock! The elevated press box gives much better camera angles. You can really breakdown what we are doing.

They need to allow some of the ambient noise into the box. It sounds a bit too sterile and you can't hear the refs penalty flag explanations. We
have taken a big step forward. The game crew did a good job and let me know we beat a pretty darn good team. They had quite a few players back from last year when they beat Barton. They also had transfers from ECU, Charlotte, and SC State. We contained a veteran QB who had an All Conference tight end returning.
Pioneer League Football Champions 2020
Pioneer League Football Champions 2021 :D
FCS Playoffs 2020
FCS Playoffs 2021
FCS Playoffs 2022

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:53 pm

wildforthecats wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 12:08 pm
i77cat wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:39 am
We do? That would be surprising. Did they just announce it?
They reviewed a play at the game Saturday.
Yes, I know. I was there. I know we can review plays at Davidson. What you said was "we finally have play reviews now in the Pioneer league." Are you sure? I thought it was the case that plays aren't reviewed in conference games unless they can be reviewed at all conference games. I wasn't questioning whether or not we have the tech to review plays. But I'd be surprised, pleasantly, if all PFL teams have that technology.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

citycat

Post by citycat » Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:46 pm

I guess my wife and I both misheard you.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:25 pm

i77cat wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:53 pm
wildforthecats wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 12:08 pm
i77cat wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:39 am
We do? That would be surprising. Did they just announce it?
They reviewed a play at the game Saturday.
Yes, I know. I was there. I know we can review plays at Davidson. What you said was "we finally have play reviews now in the Pioneer league." Are you sure? I thought it was the case that plays aren't reviewed in conference games unless they can be reviewed at all conference games. I wasn't questioning whether or not we have the tech to review plays. But I'd be surprised, pleasantly, if all PFL teams have that technology.
Well, I’m not 100% sure, but the official, the line judge, said yes now we review plays. He may be incorrect.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:41 pm

I've searched the PFL site and don't see anything, but that's not surprising. I hope we have reviews in conference games. At least we have them in non-conference action. And Saturday's review was nice and quick. As it should be. It was an obvious call.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

85Wildcatsky

Post by 85Wildcatsky » Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:00 am

I am pretty sure there was a review during the Georgetown game as well.
Pioneer League Football Champions 2020
Pioneer League Football Champions 2021 :D
FCS Playoffs 2020
FCS Playoffs 2021
FCS Playoffs 2022

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:13 am

Yes. And we've had reviews in playoff games. And I've seen them in home games for other PFL games. What I haven't seen is a review in a PFL conference game. Even when I know that the host school has the technology. Maybe this is the year. We need it.

cat44

Post by cat44 » Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:17 am

85Wildcatsky wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:10 pm
wildforthecats wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 9:58 am
Glad to see we finally have play reviews now in the Pioneer league.
Our game video is much improved as well.

If you have ESPN+ you can watch the replay. I was pretty impressed last night watching. Replays, different camera angles, video special effects, etc. There is a great bottom margin bar showing score, time, and play clock! The elevated press box gives much better camera angles. You can really breakdown what we are doing.

They need to allow some of the ambient noise into the box. It sounds a bit too sterile and you can't hear the refs penalty flag explanations. We
have taken a big step forward. The game crew did a good job and let me know we beat a pretty darn good team. They had quite a few players back from last year when they beat Barton. They also had transfers from ECU, Charlotte, and SC State. We contained a veteran QB who had an All Conference tight end returning.
There was no stadium noise at all that I heard. That really detracted from the enjoyment of the game. I thought that the announcers may have been at a remote site.

CountryCat

Post by CountryCat » Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:46 pm

Let’s not get too crazy. It was Catawba…

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:50 pm

Better than the last time we played Catawba. Or someone else from that conference.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:52 pm