2018 A10 Champions!
wildforthecats

Re: No limit on stupid

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:56 pm

DC69Wildcat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:10 pm
Is anybody surprised at this?

https://www.aol.com/article/finance/201 ... /23699952/
New York prosecutors said Avenatti and an unnamed co-conspirator met with Nike's attorneys on March 19 and said they had a client, a former amateur athletic coach, who had evidence that Nike employees had paid bribes to top high school players to convince them to play for Nike-sponsored teams.
Stormy says she was "saddened but not shocked."

I guess what's really surprising is that with all of the low hanging fruit around Avenatti couldn't find somebody to actually back up his claim. What a weasel.
I read somewhere today Avenatti was quoted as saying, "Oh Stormy, oh Stormy bring back that sunny day."

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:15 pm

wildforthecats wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:56 pm
DC69Wildcat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:10 pm
Is anybody surprised at this?

https://www.aol.com/article/finance/201 ... /23699952/
New York prosecutors said Avenatti and an unnamed co-conspirator met with Nike's attorneys on March 19 and said they had a client, a former amateur athletic coach, who had evidence that Nike employees had paid bribes to top high school players to convince them to play for Nike-sponsored teams.
Stormy says she was "saddened but not shocked."

I guess what's really surprising is that with all of the low hanging fruit around Avenatti couldn't find somebody to actually back up his claim. What a weasel.
I read somewhere today Avenatti was quoted as saying, "Oh Stormy, oh Stormy bring back that sunny day."
Oh that's good!
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

citycat

Post by citycat » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:16 pm

The "unnamed" other attorney who was allegedly extorting Nike turns out to be Mark Geragos, who has represented many celebrities in all sorts of cases.

One of his recent clients was Colin Kaepernick in his arbitration case against the NFL. Prior to settling with the NFL, Kaepernick signed a huge endorsement deal with Nike.

Did Geragos tell him, "Now that we've settled the NFL, I'm going to shake down that company that pays you millions"?

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:28 am

seamac77

Post by seamac77 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:32 am

citycat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:16 pm
The "unnamed" other attorney who was allegedly extorting Nike turns out to be Mark Geragos, who has represented many celebrities in all sorts of cases.

One of his recent clients was Colin Kaepernick in his arbitration case against the NFL. Prior to settling with the NFL, Kaepernick signed a huge endorsement deal with Nike.

Did Geragos tell him, "Now that we've settled the NFL, I'm going to shake down that company that pays you millions"?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... un-network

"Attorney Mark Geragos, dropped from CNN, says 'lame-ass' outlet should be renamed 'Cut and Run Network
"Statistics are like bikinis. They show a lot, but they don't show everything." - Bob McKillop

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:05 pm

Outlaw transferred to VaTech from UNCG.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:06 pm

catnhat wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:05 pm
Outlaw transferred to VaTech from UNCG.
Name appropriate. 🤓

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:28 pm

Kenny Smith. Talking about how you have to have more possessions than the opponent to win the game. Said it at halftime of the first game. Repeated it after the second game. At one point, I'm sure I heard him claim that one team needed at least six more possessions than their opponent. That's just not how basketball works. Or football. Or soccer. Or, well, sports.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

HoopsFollower

Post by HoopsFollower » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:07 pm

Kenny Smith played at North Carolina while the Tar Heels were coached by Dean Smith, whose belief was that each offensive rebound his team got was a new possession. That was incorporated into the statistics used internally by the Tar Heels. Clearly, it had a long-lasting impact on Kenny Smith.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:15 pm

i77cat wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:28 pm
Kenny Smith. Talking about how you have to have more possessions than the opponent to win the game. Said it at halftime of the first game. Repeated it after the second game. At one point, I'm sure I heard him claim that one team needed at least six more possessions than their opponent. That's just not how basketball works. Or football. Or soccer. Or, well, sports.
Certainly not baseball.

Volleyball, maybe?
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:59 am

"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:07 am

At my first coaching job the school used diesel fuel to line the football field. The grass would turn white. It didn't have to be redone each week.

slowcat95

Post by slowcat95 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:26 am

stevelee wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:15 pm
i77cat wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:28 pm
Certainly not baseball.

Volleyball, maybe?
Ultimate? maybe? I can't decide. If my pre-coffee logic is right, the loser nearly always will have more possessions than the winner, and it's possible to score without gaining possession. Presumably, the least # of possessions a team could have and still win is 1.
she/hers

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:24 am

In baseball you can score only when the other team has the ball.

In volleyball as I know it, you gain the serve when you score. In old rules you could score only when you had the serve.

To win the match, you need to win three sets by at least two points each, hence six possessions?

Anyway I was making a silly response to an absurd statement, coming up with the two extremes that came to mind.

Football is the one game that comes to mind in which you normally have the ball when you score, but you can score on defense.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri May 03, 2019 8:26 pm

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge