DavidsonCats.com Forum Index DavidsonCats.com
Discuss Davidson College Athletics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Up next: at San Diego
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildforthecats

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

85Wildcatsky wrote:
I like our chances for an upset if we got healthy over the bye week. Jacksonville's option is nowhere as well run as the Cats and they put up 35 on San Diego.

2:00 PST kick off should cause very few time zone issues as well.

We will have Wicks and Duggar back.
SanteCat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team travels out on Thursday so no jet lag issues
Here we go Cats!
SanteCat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we will also have Tony Collins back. His presence was missed vs Stetson. Feel like we can move the ball and score on them
Just gotta come up with a few stops on defense - somehow, someway!
Go Cats!
DC69Wildcat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanteCat wrote:
Feel like we can move the ball and score on them
Just gotta come up with a few stops on defense - somehow, someway!
Go Cats!

Emphatically, yes, and sadly, no.
JCDC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was an exciting game. I think the refs stole it, though.
i77cat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it. The Wildcats deserved the win. Live and on replay it sure looked like Phelps scored the touchdown where it was ruled that he was stopped short of the goal line.
SanteCat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there - on the field near the 10 yd line
Certainly looked like the ball broke plane of goal line. Head linesman or line judge (not sure which) signaled touchdown - not sure who overruled him - presumably the referee who, of course, was in no position to make the call (he is in the offensive backfield)
Killer call followed by 99 yd throw to Bandy who had our CB on Gilligan's Island
btw Bandy had 324 yds receiving and 4 TD's on only 10 catches. Go figure.
Great effort by a young team -
WE WILL BE BACK!
SanteCat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there - on the field near the 10 yd line
Certainly looked like the ball broke plane of goal line. Head linesman or line judge (not sure which) signaled touchdown - not sure who overruled him - presumably the referee who, of course, was in no position to make the call (he is in the offensive backfield)
Killer call followed by 99 yd throw to Bandy who had our CB on Gilligan's Island
btw Bandy had 324 yds receiving and 4 TD's on only 10 catches. Go figure.
Great effort by a young team -
WE WILL BE BACK!
MLC67

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your case, Sante, sooner than you thought. Razz

Esse Quam Videri
85Wildcatsky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the game on the U San Diego video feed. Again, one play is not to make a game but we were ripped off. If we go up two scores we win that game. If you reach the ball across the line it is a TD and play is dead. The ref signaled TD at the reach and not the fumble recovery because he could not see that. Totally bogus. Both teams played hard and the refs should have stayed out of it or at least made a better explanation.

Our Cats are playing awesome. I have no doubt that after and off season our special teams and defense will improve. We need to hang on to this coach because his offense is special.

San Diego's crowd was horrible. It doesn't bode well for the Pioneer league that the league powerhouse has no one show up at their games.

Hats off to San Diego's offensive line, our guys tried to rush but they were like a steel curtain.

Beat Butler.

Cat fans need to show up in force.
rbarney

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: San Diego Reply with quote

I feel badly for them that they could lose with 52 points. I'm not sure how well we can recruit the size and speed of players we need on the defensive side of the line. However, I'm sure that will be part of the coaches' focus going into the coming year. In any case, I didn't hear anyone anticipating the record we have already achieved so far this year.
Lurking Dog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, the moderator's description of this board is accurate.
85Wildcatsky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: San Diego Reply with quote

rbarney wrote:
I feel badly for them that they could lose with 52 points. I'm not sure how well we can recruit the size and speed of players we need on the defensive side of the line. However, I'm sure that will be part of the coaches' focus going into the coming year. In any case, I didn't hear anyone anticipating the record we have already achieved so far this year.

Defensively we need to add depth and always add a couple of studs. Coach can do this with his attitude. Players will want to play for him and on offense he will now attract some solid academic FCS studs who will want to set records as well.

The scary thing is that if we had an average defensive unit yesterday, most likely the offense might have gotten 4 or 5 more possession. The total offensive could have gone way beyond these numbers as well.

It was a great litmus test that we could do this to the league powerhouse as well.

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: