DavidsonCats.com Forum Index DavidsonCats.com
Discuss Davidson College Athletics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TV Teddy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Men's Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steveclark63

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: TV Teddy Reply with quote

https://theathletic.com/268415/2018/10/12/the-entirely-random-backstory-of-john-beilein-and-teddy-valentine/
graveline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of you bards wish to opine if the atheltic is worth subscribing to?
Waitress

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

graveline wrote:
I like the interviews I hear on the radio with its writers.
And if it is, that’s not my fault.
And if it was, I didn’t mean it.
And if I did…
You deserved it.

~Tip well.
CatsUpNorth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

graveline wrote:

I enjoy it a lot, but not sure I would do it if I didn't follow multiple sports closely.
TOK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take Teddy over the SoCon Saturday anytime.
catnhat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our SoCon tournament loss to Western Teddy swallowed his whistle and let them mug Nik and JP. One could say they needed to be stronger with the ball, but actions that were called fouls earlier in the game became “play on” in the last few minutes.

I thought of him as one who made too many calls before that game. Later I read where he is slightly under the average in calls made (fouls and violations) per game. He just manages to draw plenty of attention to himself when he does make a call.
TOK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catnhat wrote:
In our SoCon tournament loss to Western Teddy swallowed his whistle and let them mug Nik and JP. One could say they needed to be stronger with the ball, but actions that were called fouls earlier in the game became “play on” in the last few minutes.

I thought of him as one who made too many calls before that game. Later I read where he is slightly under the average in calls made (fouls and violations) per game. He just manages to draw plenty of attention to himself when he does make a call.

The year we lost to Western, was Demon's Senior year. Nik and JP graduated the year before. Not saying Teddy didn't make bad calls that game, but ......
wildforthecats

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catnhat wrote:

That 2012 game aged me 5 years.
catnhat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I confused the loss and our 2012 3 ot win. Teddy was one of the refs in 2012. I still feel like he swallowed his whistle, but we pulled that one out.
wildforthecats

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catnhat wrote:
I guess I confused the loss and our 2012 3 ot win. Teddy was one of the refs in 2012. I still feel like he swallowed his whistle, but we pulled that one out.

2OT in '12.
catnhat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typo
TOK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

catnhat wrote:

That game was absolute torture, until the Cats won. One of the most exciting, if painful games i have attended.

JMU beating ODU in 1994 on Culucko's shot from the corner was still the most exciting. coming from 19 down with 6:30 to play and winning at the buzzer for Lefty's only CAA title was exhilarating.

The Western game had so many moments when I thought the Cats had blown it against a team they should have beaten much more easily.

I have trouble rating the NCAA games in the 2008 run by the Cats, they are in a separate category. When you have the best shooter ever to lace up sneakers on your team, I just can't compare those performances to games played by a collection of mortals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Men's Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: