Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:40 pm

How did we do?

BDF

Post by BDF » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:48 am

I just spent too much time in the rabbit hole that is this 23,000+ post thread. Observation 1:
There are a lot of names listed on page 1. Only 1 ended up here. It was a good 1 though.

Observation 2:
Commitment dates of players for the last couple years, for perspective:

JAG- Nothing official until late winter, but around Christmas hints were being dropped in Icelandic.
Frampton and Bates- Committed within a few days of each other or the same day in mid september.
Michael Jones- Committed in August
DCz- committed sometime early in the fall or late summer. I can't find the announcement.
NBY- committed in early November, shortly after Red/Black
Luka- committed in March.

Observation 3:
I think we started looking at Justice in the third grade.
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:02 am

Observation 3:
I think we started looking at Justice in the third grade.

Surpassed by CWJC in the delivery room.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:00 am

Justice, would be the best 4/5 player we've ever had. Probably would free up a lot of space for Luka too. In the scenario we get Justice, that would be a scary front to put out on the floor.

cat44

Post by cat44 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:24 am

DCA06 wrote:Justice, would be the best 4/5 player we've ever had. Probably would free up a lot of space for Luka too. In the scenario we get Justice, that would be a scary front to put out on the floor.
Hetzel? Maloy? Cohen? Or do you mean them at 80%?

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:33 am

cat44 wrote:
DCA06 wrote:Justice, would be the best 4/5 player we've ever had. Probably would free up a lot of space for Luka too. In the scenario we get Justice, that would be a scary front to put out on the floor.
On paper Justice would be up there. Better than Maloy/Hetzel? They were First and Second team All American's.

cat44

Post by cat44 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:45 am

I was at the BB practice Saturday before the football game. Malcolm Wynter really looked quick, fast and shot well. Would not mind seeing him agains Fatts and Gilyard a little. I was not encouraged by the recovery I saw of some of our players, but it may just have been cautiosness on the staff's part. Great shooting by Cz frater minor. The rookies were a little confused schematically, but Bob told them it would come to them as time went by. JAG looked very good. I've hearrd he's been that way since practices started. Look for Carter to get more playing time. We've definitely got many shooters. Also looks as if Kishawn will be playing the 4 a lot. We may be starting 4 guys 6'4" to 6'6", and one 6'10".

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:51 am

cat44 wrote:I was at the BB practice Saturday before the football game. Malcolm Wynter really looked quick, fast and shot well. Would not mind seeing him agains Fatts and Gilyard a little. I was not encouraged by the recovery I saw of some of our players, but it may just have been cautiosness on the staff's part. Great shooting by Cz frater minor. The rookies were a little confused schematically, but Bob told them it would come to them as time went by. JAG looked very good. I've hearrd he's been that way since practices started. Look for Carter to get more playing time. We've definitely got many shooters. Also looks as if Kishawn will be playing the 4 a lot. We may be starting 4 guys 6'4" to 6'6", and one 6'10".
Thanks for the report. Hopefully DJ enjoyed practice.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Do you mean guys like Nate and DK did not participate fully? Luke? I assume they have a slow process forward even if healthy. Luke tore ACL ~1 yr ago. We are not a pro sports team nor is he a pro athlete with unlimited resource and facilities and time to dedicate himself towards maximum recovery in shortest time length. I'd imagine those guys are being conservatively managed with a month to go before season starts. And probably will be until the Wichita game.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:02 pm

DCA06 wrote:Do you mean guys like Nate and DK did not participate fully? Luke? I assume they have a slow process forward even if healthy. Luke tore ACL ~1 yr ago. We are not a pro sports team nor is he a pro athlete with unlimited resource and facilities and time to dedicate himself towards maximum recovery in shortest time length. I'd imagine those guys are being conservatively managed with a month to go before season starts. And probably will be until the Wichita game.
You don't have to be a pro to recover quickly from ACL surgery. Players are recovering more and more quickly. Just last year we saw Shavar Newkirk average well over 30 minutes per game after having his ACL repaired in February.

http://www.sjuhawks.com/ViewArticle.dbm ... EASON=2017
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

BDF

Post by BDF » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:43 pm

cat44 wrote:
I feel like there was someone else recently who was a decent front court player. Anyone remember that kid? I think maybe people compared him to one of the Celtics better players.
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

BDL

Post by BDL » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:30 pm

i77cat wrote:
DCA06 wrote:Do you mean guys like Nate and DK did not participate fully? Luke? I assume they have a slow process forward even if healthy. Luke tore ACL ~1 yr ago. We are not a pro sports team nor is he a pro athlete with unlimited resource and facilities and time to dedicate himself towards maximum recovery in shortest time length. I'd imagine those guys are being conservatively managed with a month to go before season starts. And probably will be until the Wichita game.
You don't have to be a pro to recover quickly from ACL surgery. Players are recovering more and more quickly. Just last year we saw Shavar Newkirk average well over 30 minutes per game after having his ACL repaired in February.

http://www.sjuhawks.com/ViewArticle.dbm ... EASON=2017
Everyone is different and I’m not a collegiate athlete so this isn’t a perfect comparison but I completely tore my ACL and meniscus in December and got surgery in early May. I was just cleared for light running and golf. In January I am expected to be cleared for sports that involve cutting (frisbee and basketball for example). The entire time I’ve been told the major factors to my recovery and rehab are my age (being 20 helps) and whether or not I do my exercises. It doesn’t require Novak Djokovic’s hyperbolic chamber to recover, as long as Frampton’s surgeon and physical therapist are competent, he is the age he says he is, and has been doing his exercises he will be good to go for the season (may need to knock off some rust though).

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:10 pm

BDF wrote:
cat44 wrote:
I feel like there was someone else recently who was a decent front court player. Anyone remember that kid? I think maybe people compared him to one of the Celtics better players.
still waiting on our Jayson tatum ;) but yes youre right. we have had some good ones my point is Justice is coming in day 1 at a potentially higher level compared to some bigs in last 5 years. by his senior year bob will have increased that talent even further.

cat44

Post by cat44 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:04 pm

BDF wrote:
cat44 wrote:
Short term memory - first to go. Certainly put 23 ahead of Cohen. Sorry.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:32 pm

btw as an aside, jaylen adams is on Hawks opening roster. great accomplishment for him and A10 to have a player of his level sticking on an NBA roster. Hope we shortly add another guard of our own to that list.