DavidsonCats.com Forum Index DavidsonCats.com
Discuss Davidson College Athletics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kilgo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Men's Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxCat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Kilgo Reply with quote

I actually enjoyed Kilgo's unique announcing style, kind of like listening to a friend talk about a variety of things while also discussing the game. Truly one of a kind and certainly better than the "blah, blah, blah" of most play by play or color guys. Don't forget, many times Kilgo was play by play and color guy at the same time. Another thing I liked, he was brutally honest in his observations or assessments of play, venues, crowd behavior, officials and coaches. Kilgo was different and offered no apologies for it. Thank you John for bringing me the Davidson BB broadcasts for these past years.
i77cat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildforthecats wrote:
Kilgo is an exceptional interviewer.

And a solid writer. I appreciate the time he spent at Davidson and am optimistic that our broadcasts are going to be improved in the future.
MrMac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good tributes to a very good man. Thank you for sharing these thoughts and recollections.
straycat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Kilgo Reply with quote

MaxCat wrote:
I actually enjoyed Kilgo's unique announcing style, kind of like listening to a friend talk about a variety of things while also discussing the game. Truly one of a kind and certainly better than the "blah, blah, blah" of most play by play or color guys. Don't forget, many times Kilgo was play by play and color guy at the same time. Another thing I liked, he was brutally honest in his observations or assessments of play, venues, crowd behavior, officials and coaches. Kilgo was different and offered no apologies for it. Thank you John for bringing me the Davidson BB broadcasts for these past years.

Well said and agree completely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Men's Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: