DavidsonCats.com Forum Index DavidsonCats.com
Discuss Davidson College Athletics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Biggest OOC Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Men's Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildforthecats

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Biggest OOC Game Reply with quote

https://www.a10talk.com/biggest-non-conference-game-for-every-a-10-team/

I say Wichita State myself.
bvgerd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% agree that it’s the Wichita State game that’s most important. If we win that we’ll likely have a second round matchup against a very good Purdue team and then a final game against another solid team, likely from a power 5 conference, regardless if we win or lose. If we lose to Wichita State well have a loss against another (likely unranked) “midmajor” and then probably two more games against opponents that won’t move the needle for the committee if we’re fortunate enough to be in contention for an at large bid.
citycat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He misspelled Duquesne throughout his paragraph about them. It's a hard word to spell correctly.

We learned to spell it in the days of the Nelson twins.
BDL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the best article if we’re being honest. Two examples: Duquesne is spelled wrong multiple times and he picked Holy Cross as URI’s biggest non con game.
catnhat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disclosure- he does Holy Cross radio or internet broadcasts. I'm sure others would likely pick Providence or another opponent, but he has his reason.
wildforthecats

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bvgerd wrote:
100% agree that it’s the Wichita State game that’s most important. If we win that we’ll likely have a second round matchup against a very good Purdue team and then a final game against another solid team, likely from a power 5 conference, regardless if we win or lose. If we lose to Wichita State well have a loss against another (likely unranked) “midmajor” and then probably two more games against opponents that won’t move the needle for the committee if we’re fortunate enough to be in contention for an at large bid.

Exactly.
BDF

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bvgerd wrote:

Just like New Mexico St. last year.
BDL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

catnhat wrote:
Disclosure- he does Holy Cross radio or internet broadcasts. I'm sure others would likely pick Providence or another opponent, but he has his reason.

That arguably makes it worse; illustrates his clear inability to be unbiased.
BDF

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BDL wrote:
catnhat wrote:

He owns it.

Quote:
Saturday December 8 – at Holy Cross – Somewhat of a bias here, considering I am a Holy Cross student and I will be the play-by-play announcer for this game

BDL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BDF wrote:
BDL wrote:
catnhat wrote:

He owns it.

Quote:
Saturday December 8 – at Holy Cross – Somewhat of a bias here, considering I am a Holy Cross student and I will be the play-by-play announcer for this game

Owning a mistake doesn’t mean the actual mistake isn’t a mistake. I own that I got 1 question wrong on my Macro Review but at the end of the day my grade still shows I got 1 wrong on my Macro Review. A great article would pick URI’s most important Non-Con game objectively.
CatsUpNorth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BDL wrote:
BDF wrote:
BDL wrote:
catnhat wrote:

He owns it.

Quote:

Owning a mistake doesn’t mean the actual mistake isn’t a mistake. I own that I got 1 question wrong on my Macro Review but at the end of the day my grade still shows I got 1 wrong on my Macro Review. A great article would pick URI’s most important Non-Con game objectively.

He did it in jest. It’s a blog.
catnhat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoth the alligator: “Of course I did it in cold blood- I’m a reptile.”

With apologies to Gary Larson.
BDL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CatsUpNorth wrote:
BDL wrote:
BDF wrote:
BDL wrote:
catnhat wrote:

He owns it.

Quote:

He did it in jest. It’s a blog.

Still spelled Duquesne wrong 5 times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Men's Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: