DavidsonCats.com Forum Index DavidsonCats.com
Discuss Davidson College Athletics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NC Bookwatch hosted by DG Martin, '62

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Non-athletics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
citycat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: NC Bookwatch hosted by DG Martin, '62 Reply with quote

Today's show, which is on NC Public TV, has John Grisham and John Hart, DU '89(?) as guests.

John Grisham lives in Chapel Hill now. His wife enrolled in school there to study writing. The show was filmed in Chapel Hill.

John Hart is an attorney who lives in Greensboro. He has an office in a building in downtown Greensboro where he does his work.

My Davidson roommate is a professor in Oxford, MS. His older son was a contemporary of Grisham's son. Everyone wanted to be on that kid's Tee Ball and Little League teams. His dad built a field in his front yard, complete with lights. His teams practiced 2-3 hours a night once school ended.

Grisham has published 35 books and Hart has published 6.

The show has some age on it. It was filmed after Pat Conroy passed away, 3/16, and around the time Grisham's The Rooster Bar was published, 10/17.
stevelee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had set the DVR to record it, so if that worked, I’ll watch it some time this week. Thanks for the info and context.

Something I didn't record but watched in real time was my classmate's show on camera traps, aka trail cameras. I might get one for my birthday since there are all those woods behind my house and Jennifer next door feeds all the critters.

You might enjoy the eMammal website: https://emammal.si.edu/about/camera-trap-recommendation
DC69Wildcat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevelee wrote:
Something I didn't record but watched in real time was my classmate's show on camera traps, aka trail cameras. I might get one for my birthday since there are all those woods behind my house and Jennifer next door feeds all the critters.

You might be better off not knowing what's (or who's) back there.
catnhat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother in law has one pointed at his back yard bird feeder. He lives on a golf course a couple of miles inland from Sunset Beach. A 5'6" bear (upright on his back legs) appeared in a single frame. Apparently the camera noise startled him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Non-athletics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: