DavidsonCats.com Forum Index DavidsonCats.com
Discuss Davidson College Athletics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A10 Announces 2018-19 Women’s Basketball Schedule Pairings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Women's Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derek Smith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: A10 Announces 2018-19 Women’s Basketball Schedule Pairings Reply with quote

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. – The Atlantic 10 Conference on Wednesday announced the 2018-19 women’s basketball conference schedule team pairings. The league's 14 members will once again play a 16-game conference schedule in the upcoming season, which allows teams to face every opponent once and three teams twice. The complete 2018-19 conference schedule with dates and times will be announced at a later date.

The following is Davidson's home and away pairings for the 2018-19 season. Bold denotes home and away partners (teams that will play twice).

Davidson
Home - George Mason, La Salle, Richmond, St. Bonaventure, Saint Louis, Fordham, Massachusetts, Rhode Island
Away – Dayton, Duquesne, George Washington, Saint Joseph’s, VCU, Fordham, Massachusetts, Rhode Island
rbarney

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: A10 games Reply with quote

Same pairings as last year. We beat URI twice, lost to Fordham twice and played barn burners against UMass at home and away. Of the others,with the switch in home and away, we lost five at home last year while having no particularly close losses on the road. It should be a real measure of how much improvement Coach Fulks and staff have created.
ChantillyCat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will quibble with your point about the lack of close road losses to teams we played only once. Mason was a two point game with under 90 seconds to play.

Overall, three of our four conference road losses were close games.

Last year's road schedule was easier than the home schedule. Teams change, but it appears to be the reverse for the upcoming season.
rbarney

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Road Losses Reply with quote

Since two of our road losses were covered under my comments on the three teams we play twice, the only others were Mason (lost by 13, even if close at 90 seconds) and St. Louis, by 16. However, as I finished my analysis, much will depend on the improvement wrought by the new coaching staff. Like others, I am cautiously hopeful.
i77cat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The time for being cautiously hopeful is behind us. Now is the time to be thrilled and to put butts in seats.
rbarney

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Ticket Buyers Reply with quote

I would put my own butt in the seat if I didn't live almost 900 miles away! Little hard to do from here.
stevelee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Ticket Buyers Reply with quote

rbarney wrote:
I would put my own butt in the seat if I didn't live almost 900 miles away! Little hard to do from here.

How far from your closest away game? Fordham?
rbarney

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Fordham Reply with quote

Mapquest says 250 miles. Now if they would like to schedule Siena, that"s less than two hours. Nonetheless, I try to follow them regularly on LiveStats and live stream where available.
stevelee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Fordham Reply with quote

rbarney wrote:
Mapquest says 250 miles. Now if they would like to schedule Siena, that"s less than two hours. Nonetheless, I try to follow them regularly on LiveStats and live stream where available.

Thanks. Just curious. Sounds to me like when people say "Upstate" they mean anything between White Plains and Massena or points east and south of there.

For home games I'll have a season ticket, and will try to get to more games this season. Some nights I have commitments for my butt to be somewhere else. If there are a lot of Tuesday games, that would present a problem this season.
rbarney

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Upstate Reply with quote

Far enough "upstate" to be within @ 2-1/2 hours of Montreal.
stevelee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I thought about Massena, I decided than after that you are downprovince rather than upstate.

I spent three days in Montréal in 2011 at the end of a cruise. Neat place. I hope to go back some day. My last trip to Canada was southwest of you, I guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Women's Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: