DavidsonCats.com Forum Index DavidsonCats.com
Discuss Davidson College Athletics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Up: Summer Camp Sessions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Men's Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
collegecoach8502

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it stupid sites like these and bad people in their ears, that there are 50+ kids who had eligibility left but declared for the draft (and didn't sniff being drafted) and are stuck without a degree and few opportunities to make money.

"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."
seamac77

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnston Gym wrote:
Here’s a mock draft that projects Kellan as the eighth pick next year:

https://thebiglead.com/2018/06/22/2019-nba-mock-draft-rj-barrett-cameron-reddish/

Now its got my attention !!!
RichmondCat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

collegecoach8502 wrote:
And it stupid sites like these and bad people in their ears, that there are 50+ kids who had eligibility left but declared for the draft (and didn't sniff being drafted) and are stuck without a degree and few opportunities to make money.

No harm in declaring without an agent and getting honest feedback. But, certainly poor decisions are often made and undoubtedly influenced by bad actors. I would expect KG to get sound advice in his best interest from his family and his Davidson family and am not concerned at all. I look forward to watching KG and the rest of the Wildcats while they are at Davidson and wherever they wind up after Davidson. #TCC
collegecoach8502

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichmondCat wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:

No harm in declaring without an agent and getting honest feedback. But, certainly poor decisions are often made and undoubtedly influenced by bad actors. I would expect KG to get sound advice in his best interest from his family and his Davidson family and am not concerned at all. I look forward to watching KG and the rest of the Wildcats while they are at Davidson and wherever they wind up after Davidson. #TCC

Unfortunately, if you declare without an agent and stay in the draft, you are ineligible and that's the case for many. First, love Kellan and think he is going to have a pro NBA career. He's not a top 10 pick next year and most likely not taken in the two rounds of the draft. I think that will change over the course of his junior and senior year, but he's not a top 60 pick yet.

Nonetheless, for 95% of those declaring for the draft who have remaining eligibility left, if you are not going to be taken in the first round, you should return to school. The second round guarantees you nothing. There are always exceptions to this case, but if teams are not telling you that you are a first round pick for them, you need to go back to school, get your degree and improve your draft position for the next year.

"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

wildforthecats

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Kellan and hope he plays at Davidson for 4 years and earns his degree. But...he is absolutely a first round pick. IMO, is already better than a guy like Malik Monk and he was picked 11th last year. Here's looking forward to Grady getting his sheepskin on 5/16/21.
stevelee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine it is wise to deal with pros without an agent.
mccabemi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of variables go into getting drafted (and at what number). Sometimes, the simplest variable is whether you perform well in the NCAA tournament. For example, if Peyton averages 20 per and we go to the sweet 16- I suspect he is drafted.

The two days I went to see scrimmages were kool-aid swigging, buy your season tickets this year- not next- type of performances.
DC69Wildcat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildforthecats wrote:
I love Kellan and hope he plays at Davidson for 4 years and earns his degree. But...he is absolutely a first round pick. IMO, is already better than a guy like Malik Monk and he was picked 11th last year. Here's looking forward to Grady getting his sheepskin on 5/16/21.

Agree. Two weeks ago WFTC, I77cat, stevelee, and I watched Kellan make Monk look pretty ordinary. His handle is already better than it was last season, and he now has developed a deadly floater that he seldom missed. If he gets his 3-point percentage closer to 40% this season, he will attract a lot of NBA attention.
Waitress

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC69Wildcat wrote:
wildforthecats wrote:
Agree. Two weeks ago WFTC, I77cat, stevelee, and I watched Kellan make Monk look pretty ordinary. His handle is already better than it was last season, and he now has developed a deadly floater that he seldom missed. If he gets his 3-point percentage closer to 40% this season, he will attract a lot of NBA attention.
I don't think we should use a pickup game, where the first rule is "don't get hurt," and the second rule is "no hard D" (see rule 1), as the measure. I think Kellan will play in the league, but I don't know when.
And if it is, that’s not my fault.
And if it was, I didn’t mean it.
And if I did…
You deserved it.

~Tip well.
stevelee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnston Gym wrote:
Here’s a mock draft that projects Kellan as the eighth pick next year:

https://thebiglead.com/2018/06/22/2019-nba-mock-draft-rj-barrett-cameron-reddish/

{with French accent} "I mock your draft!"

(OK, so I went to see Spamalot last night.)
wildforthecats

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waitress wrote:
DC69Wildcat wrote:
wildforthecats wrote:
I don't think we should use a pickup game, where the first rule is "don't get hurt," and the second rule is "no hard D" (see rule 1), as the measure. I think Kellan will play in the league, but I don't know when.

Last time I felt this way way about a Davidson player at camp was in 2006.
BaseRich306

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice problem to have for this board!

I hope our front court can stay healthy and productive enough to carry some of the load and allow our stars in the back court to reach their full potential.
collegecoach8502

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildforthecats wrote:

I certainly think he has the possibility of being a top 30 pick, just not next year. I can give you 6 mock drafts that don't have him in the top 30 for every one (or the only one) that does.

And as stated earlier, it would be foolish for him or any other player with eligibility to enter the draft if you are not going to be a top 30 pick.

RichmondCat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

collegecoach8502 wrote:
wildforthecats wrote:

I certainly think he has the possibility of being a top 30 pick, just not next year. I can give you 6 mock drafts that don't have him in the top 30 for every one (or the only one) that does.

And as stated earlier, it would be foolish for him or any other player with eligibility to enter the draft if you are not going to be a top 30 pick.

Agreed, but you can declare without an agent and get feedback from pro scouts, withdraw and go back to school with some solid advice on what to work on. No harm done. As I said previously, I am sure KG will get sound advice and make the best decision for himself.
collegecoach8502

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichmondCat wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:
wildforthecats wrote:

Agreed, but you can declare without an agent and get feedback from pro scouts, withdraw and go back to school with some solid advice on what to work on. No harm done. As I said previously, I am sure KG will get sound advice and make the best decision for himself.

Correct, I am making the assumption that one chooses not to withdraw from the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Men's Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: