Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
TOK

Post by TOK » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:06 pm

Grayson Allen even tripped a William & Mary player while the game was still close in November of 2016. It has happened so many times, it isn't accidental.

I will never like the guy.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:08 pm

TOK wrote:Grayson Allen even tripped a William & Mary player while the game was still close in November of 2016. It has happened so many times, it isn't accidental.

I will never like the guy.
Yes, hard guy to like watching play. Must have issues growing up like others have said. I played hoop with a guy years ago that was an a$$ on the court, great guy everywhere else.

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:47 pm

Allen went to same high school as JP Kuhlman.
The earth is round. Two plus two equals four.

~Tip well.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:48 pm

I like Duke basketball. Don't love it, but like it. Grayson Allen is a punk. He'll eventually foul an opponent who responds in kind.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:07 pm

GA is a competitor. I'd take him on my team anyday.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:10 pm

DCA06 wrote:GA is a competitor. I'd take him on my team anyday.
Yes, a case of if he's on your team you love him.

BDL

Post by BDL » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:30 pm

There is a difference between a competitor and a guy who can't control himself....

BDL

Post by BDL » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:31 pm

BDL wrote:
There is a difference between a competitor and a guy who can't control himself....
I hated aaron kraft, I hate Grant Golden but I would love them if they were on my team. I don't feel the same way about GA.
Last edited by BDL on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevin mcmahon

Post by kevin mcmahon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Waitress wrote:Allen went to same high school as JP Kuhlman.
Thought I heard the announcer say Custer and Richardson (Loyola) are from Overland Park, Ks.
"Microphones are for Navy guys"... Ranger H.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:39 pm

kevin mcmahon wrote:
Waitress wrote:Allen went to same high school as JP Kuhlman.
Thought I heard the announcer say Custer and Richardson (Loyola) are from Overland Park, Ks.
You are correct sir!

slowcat95

Post by slowcat95 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:45 pm

collegecoach8502 wrote:
stevelee wrote:Grayson Allen is probably not looking to transfer, since he’s a senior. But could someone tell me, who does not pay attention to Duke basketball, why he is so widely disliked? I saw a tweet that someone had put his name on a picture of Ted Cruz. Others were cheering his exit from college basketball.
He has made physical contact with players over the years outside of a normal athletic reaction to a play. Specifically he kicked Santa Ana from Elon during a game.

He was disciplined by Duke last year and although one could argue that the discipline wasn't harsh enough, the public scrutiny certainly has been.

I like him as a player and for the most part, as a competitor. I believe that he has an emotional trigger that probably goes back to his childhood days. Probably a demon he has been fighting since he played rec ball as a kid. I have seen it in other kids, some who have played on my own children's team. Based on his reaction on the bench following the Elon incident, I believe it is more of an emotional problem that he has tried to control for years, more so than it is a act of being a "dirty" player. Some may not find a difference between the two, but I have seen kids "flip" for the weirdest reasons and also know that they are the nicest kid on the block. They simply don't know why they react negatively in some cases and are embarrassed not only by their act, but more so because they can't control when it happen. One of our kids fouled out of the first quarter of a rec game and 3 of the fouls were a result of his reactions when someone beat him for a layup and for rebounds (pushed them in frustration). Because stupid rec rules require the kid to stay in and play an entire quarter before subs, we couldn't take him out. He finished the game on the bench and was in tears the entire time.

Just my $.02 cents
I buy this line of reasoning. I'm constantly amazed at the self control college athletes show when pivotal calls go against them unfairly. I know if I were in their shoes, I'd spend most of the game going ape-$hit.
she/hers

kevin mcmahon

Post by kevin mcmahon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:01 pm

BDL wrote:
BDL wrote:
I hated aaron kraft, I hate Grant Golden but I would love them if they were on my team. I don't feel the same way about GA.
NYC (SJU) fans hated the Georgetown Ewing but he became one of the most beloved Knicks of all time and yes, I am one of the guilty.

* pretty sure Chris Mullin still dislikes him.
"Microphones are for Navy guys"... Ranger H.

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:27 pm

BDL

Post by BDL » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:39 pm

slowcat95 wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:
stevelee wrote:Grayson Allen is probably not looking to transfer, since he’s a senior. But could someone tell me, who does not pay attention to Duke basketball, why he is so widely disliked? I saw a tweet that someone had put his name on a picture of Ted Cruz. Others were cheering his exit from college basketball.
He has made physical contact with players over the years outside of a normal athletic reaction to a play. Specifically he kicked Santa Ana from Elon during a game.

He was disciplined by Duke last year and although one could argue that the discipline wasn't harsh enough, the public scrutiny certainly has been.

I like him as a player and for the most part, as a competitor. I believe that he has an emotional trigger that probably goes back to his childhood days. Probably a demon he has been fighting since he played rec ball as a kid. I have seen it in other kids, some who have played on my own children's team. Based on his reaction on the bench following the Elon incident, I believe it is more of an emotional problem that he has tried to control for years, more so than it is a act of being a "dirty" player. Some may not find a difference between the two, but I have seen kids "flip" for the weirdest reasons and also know that they are the nicest kid on the block. They simply don't know why they react negatively in some cases and are embarrassed not only by their act, but more so because they can't control when it happen. One of our kids fouled out of the first quarter of a rec game and 3 of the fouls were a result of his reactions when someone beat him for a layup and for rebounds (pushed them in frustration). Because stupid rec rules require the kid to stay in and play an entire quarter before subs, we couldn't take him out. He finished the game on the bench and was in tears the entire time.

Just my $.02 cents
I buy this line of reasoning. I'm constantly amazed at the self control college athletes show when pivotal calls go against them unfairly. I know if I were in their shoes, I'd spend most of the game going ape-$hit.
I completely understand this reasoning and thats why I hate when players get technicals for reacting to calls late in games. HOWEVER, he physically put other players in danger multiple times with non-basketball moves. He then lied about it when asked about it.

BDL

Post by BDL » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:42 pm

BDL wrote:
slowcat95 wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:

Just my $.02 cents
I completely understand this reasoning and thats why I hate when players get technicals for reacting to calls late in games. HOWEVER, he physically put other players in danger multiple times with non-basketball moves. He then lied about it when asked about it.
He is also at an age where he should be able to admit he did something wrong, has a problem, and seek help.