Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
bvgerd

Post by bvgerd » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:41 pm

Not sure if it was an official visit, but this article from last fall says hes already visited campus once. https://scout.com/college/basketball/re ... -105726899

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:21 am

It depends when he visited. If it was before a certain time (senior year) it wasn't an official visit. That doesn't matter really, most kids are visiting early and take unofficial visits. Many have decided and committed by the time they take an official visit. The official visit becomes a "thank you" after the fact.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

CastleCat

Post by CastleCat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:03 am

BDL wrote:
BDL wrote:Does anyone know if Luka will be taking a visit to campus soon?
Or did he use up his official?
It was an official visit.
lovin' every minute of it

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:27 pm

CastleCat wrote:
BDL wrote:
BDL wrote:Does anyone know if Luka will be taking a visit to campus soon?
Or did he use up his official?
It was an official visit.
Why do you think it was an official visit?
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:33 pm

collegecoach8502 wrote:It depends when he visited. If it was before a certain time (senior year) it wasn't an official visit. That doesn't matter really, most kids are visiting early and take unofficial visits. Many have decided and committed by the time they take an official visit. The official visit becomes a "thank you" after the fact.
I don't believe this is correct (although I agree it doesn't really matter in Luka's case, just a technicality). Kellan took his official visit before his junior year ended and he committed the next week.

https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/statu ... 0378938368

citycat

Post by citycat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:46 pm

I think it was earlier in this thread that Walter Whyte was mentioned. He is injured and not playing for BU today. Navy is ahead of BU 28-19.

BU has signed a 6'9" big man from Ravenscroft, Jack Hemphill, for next year.

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:48 pm

CatsUpNorth wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:It depends when he visited. If it was before a certain time (senior year) it wasn't an official visit. That doesn't matter really, most kids are visiting early and take unofficial visits. Many have decided and committed by the time they take an official visit. The official visit becomes a "thank you" after the fact.
I don't believe this is correct (although I agree it doesn't really matter in Luka's case, just a technicality). Kellan took his official visit before his junior year ended and he committed the next week.

My point being, people don't know the difference between an official visit and an unofficial visit. It most likely was an official visit as I have no idea when he actually visited. The only significant difference between an official visit and an unofficial visit is that the NCAA allows the school to pay for the visit and the amount of time that athlete can be on campus. An athlete can visit unofficially and commit during that time. The staff can roll out the red carpet and have the athlete participate and do everything that they would have done on an official, except that they don't pay for it. Across the sports, more kids visit unofficially than on an official visit. In volleyball, it is typical for the athlete to have committed, been admitted and signed their NLI before they ever take an official visit.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:02 pm

citycat wrote:I think it was earlier in this thread that Walter Whyte was mentioned. He is injured and not playing for BU today. Navy is ahead of BU 28-19.

BU has signed a 6'9" big man from Ravenscroft, Jack Hemphill, for next year.
Sorry to hear about Walter. Sounds like they could use his help today.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:30 pm

collegecoach8502 wrote:
CatsUpNorth wrote:

My point being, people don't know the difference between an official visit and an unofficial visit. It most likely was an official visit as I have no idea when he actually visited. The only significant difference between an official visit and an unofficial visit is that the NCAA allows the school to pay for the visit and the amount of time that athlete can be on campus. An athlete can visit unofficially and commit during that time. The staff can roll out the red carpet and have the athlete participate and do everything that they would have done on an official, except that they don't pay for it. Across the sports, more kids visit unofficially than on an official visit. In volleyball, it is typical for the athlete to have committed, been admitted and signed their NLI before they ever take an official visit.
Yup, thought you were implying that the difference between official and unofficial was if they were a senior, but in basketball it is usually before a kid commits, although not unheard of to happen after. The one thing I am unfamiliar with is how it applies to international players although the same rules probably apply.

BDL

Post by BDL » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:42 pm

Luka follows both the san diego head and associate head coaches. Uh-oh if youre into that thing.

BDF

Post by BDF » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:51 pm

BDL wrote:Luka follows both the san diego head and associate head coaches. Uh-oh if youre into that thing.
I long ago gave up on trying to read the Twitter follower tea leaves.
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:21 pm

Great story on Davidson commit Michael Jones:

https://www.twincities.com/2018/02/26/a ... ng-record/

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:23 pm

Acorn wrote:Great story on Davidson commit Michael Jones:

https://www.twincities.com/2018/02/26/a ... ng-record/
Our MJ is going to be a good one!