DavidsonCats.com Forum Index DavidsonCats.com
Discuss Davidson College Athletics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recruiting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
85Wildcatsky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Recruiting Reply with quote

Signed 31 last year.

As of signing date we have 20 new recruits listed.

http://www.davidsonwildcats.com/news/2018/2/6/football-adds-xx-new-cats.aspx

I am not sure if any conclusions are to be drawn yet. I assume the Cats might get some late bloomers depending on IVY, SoCon, & Patriot committs.
citycat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A defensive back from South Point in Belmont is a catch. That's a program on the rise. South Pointe is in SC.

Note the kicker is from South Meck. Eric Jones and Max Bazin of the baseball team are former Sabres.

There may be some kids who were going to W&L who might follow Coach Abell to Davidson. If they can be admitted to W&L, they should be admitted to DU.
Bill Cobb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We apparently have signed a QB from Kentucky that was not on the list. A Kentucky friend of mine (he played at UK) said he was the best QB in the state.

Will try and find his name and post info.
85Wildcatsky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

citycat wrote:
A defensive back from South Point in Belmont is a catch. That's a program on the rise. South Pointe is in SC.

Note the kicker is from South Meck. Eric Jones and Max Bazin of the baseball team are former Sabres.

There may be some kids who were going to W&L who might follow Coach Abell to Davidson. If they can be admitted to W&L, they should be admitted to DU.

If we can find kids with the right academic package from South Point, they could become a great source. I believe they are typically a leader in the state of SC and run triple option.
Rudy2011

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Red Raiders of South Point, in the bustling metropolis of Belmont, NC, have won 8 conference titles in the past 10 years to go with a pair of state titles. The team does run the triple option, or "Red Bone," as it is known to the locals.

Belmont has had a few links to Davidson football over the past decade, with a pair of cheerleaders, a pair of linebackers (the Lemons brothers), and one Davidsonian sportswriter from the class of 2011

I say we drink the wine, eat the dogs, and use the papers for musket wadding.
MrMac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? Two South Point's, one in each of the Carolinas, both running the triple option? Or is that just a misdirection play?
WildCock

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The South Pointe Stallions are located in Rock Hill, SC. The school has been in existence a little over 10 years. In that time, they have sent the following players to the Gamecocks (and the NFL);

- Stephon Gilmore (Pats)
- DeVonte Holloman (Cowboys)
- Jadeveon Clowney (Texans)

Unlike the South Point Red Raiders from Belmont, NC, they do not run the triple option.

(I think previous posts have been trying to distinguish, perhaps unsuccessfully, the two schools.)
85Wildcatsky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudy2011 wrote:
The Red Raiders of South Point, in the bustling metropolis of Belmont, NC, have won 8 conference titles in the past 10 years to go with a pair of state titles. The team does run the triple option, or "Red Bone," as it is known to the locals.

Belmont has had a few links to Davidson football over the past decade, with a pair of cheerleaders, a pair of linebackers (the Lemons brothers), and one Davidsonian sportswriter from the class of 2011

I know one of the coaches or consultants for this Red Bone, he was the fullback for Lenoir Rhyne partially responsible for our 1975 beat down. Maybe the school should hire him as an assistant coach.
ac3983

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Cobb wrote:
We apparently have signed a QB from Kentucky that was not on the list. A Kentucky friend of mine (he played at UK) said he was the best QB in the state.

Will try and find his name and post info.

Is he good at handing the ball off? Laughing
MrMac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildCock wrote:
The South Pointe Stallions are located in Rock Hill, SC. The school has been in existence a little over 10 years. In that time, they have sent the following players to the Gamecocks (and the NFL);

- Stephon Gilmore (Pats)
- DeVonte Holloman (Cowboys)
- Jadeveon Clowney (Texans)

Unlike the South Point Red Raiders from Belmont, NC, they do not run the triple option.

(I think previous posts have been trying to distinguish, perhaps unsuccessfully, the two schools.)

Thanks, WC. You unclouded the confusion for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: