DavidsonCats.com Forum Index DavidsonCats.com
Discuss Davidson College Athletics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Euro Cats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Cats in the Pros
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DC69Wildcat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Euro Cats Reply with quote

I haven't seen anything in a long time about any of our alums playing in Europe. Could someone who knows post a list of current pros overseas, where they are playing, and how they are doing?
stevelee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Euro Cats Reply with quote

DC69Wildcat wrote:
I haven't seen anything in a long time about any of our alums playing in Europe. Could someone who knows post a list of current pros overseas, where they are playing, and how they are doing?

I haven't got any info in a while. As last I heard, Brian and Jordy were back in Ohio with injuries.
Waitress

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Euro Cats Reply with quote

stevelee wrote:
DC69Wildcat wrote:

I haven't got any info in a while. As last I heard, Brian and Jordy were back in Ohio with injuries.
Sully was at Dayton game.

Tip well.
collegecoach8502

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Euro Cats Reply with quote

Waitress wrote:
stevelee wrote:
DC69Wildcat wrote:

Sully was at Dayton game.

Sully has signed to play in Australia

"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."
quickcat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some rainy research turned up this info. Players listed in descending order of their teams/leagues, best as I could figure:

- Jake Cohen: Maccabi Tel Aviv, first place in Israel's top league. Jake appears to start and average 10 pts and 6 rebs. The team also plays in the Euroleague, which is the NBA of Europe. They are about in the middle of the league standings there. I don't understand why, but the team uses different lineups in the Euroleague - Jake plays in about 75% of those games and averages about 8 mins/game.

- De'mon Brooks: Bayreuth, 4th place German league. Brooks appears to be a reserve playing about 20 minutes a game and averaging 10/4. Bayreuth also plays in the Basketball Champions League, which is the European league right below the Euroleague. It would appear that Bayreuth made the final 16, or the playoffs, which start in March.

- Chris Cz: Tsmoki-Minsk, a Belarussian team which is 7th in the Russian league. Chris starts and plays about 25-30 minutes a game, averaging about 12-13/5-6 depending on the league. Devon Saddler is the other top scorer on his team. Minsk lost their last BCL qualifier and was relegated to the Europe Cup league, but they made it to the second round, then on to the playoffs, which start in March.

- Tyler Kalinoski: Antwerp, 2nd place in Belgian League. Tyler appears to come off the bench for a little less than 20 minutes a game and averages about 9 pts/game. Antwerp lost their final qualifier for the BCL as well. They then played in the Europe Cup and went out in the first round.

- Jack Gibbs: Spirou Charleroi, 5th in Belgian league. Jack starts and averages about 12 pts/game in 20 minutes or so. They were not invited to quaify for the BCL but went straight to the Europe Cup, where they went out in the first round of the Europe Cup, in the same group that Minsk won.

Other players appear to be: Brian Sullivan, Joondalup Australia (hasn't played yet, it appears); Jordan Barham, Challans 3rd French league, listed as SG he leads the team in scoring with 16 and rebounding with 6; Ali Mackay, Edinburgh in Scottish league.
catnhat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny Grant is playing in Le Cannet, FR. Le Cannet abuts Cannes in the Cote D'Azur. I guess it's a good place to spend the winter.

Boris Meno is playing in Lons la Saunier, FR, which is close to Dijon and the Swiss border. It may also be a good place to spend the winter- for very different reasons.

The site where I found them is blocking my access to more info (no subscription).
citycat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Van Arsdale was a SF for nearly his entire NBA career. His brother Dick was a shooting guard. They were identical twins.

They played at Indiana U. with Jon McGlocklin, who was the shooting guard for the Milwaukee Bucks when they won the title in '71.

Despite having 3 long time NBA players on their team from '62-'63 through '64-'65, the Hoosiers were not a great team.
quickcat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catnhat wrote:
Kenny Grant is playing in Le Cannet, FR. Le Cannet abuts Cannes in the Cote D'Azur. I guess it's a good place to spend the winter.

Boris Meno is playing in Lons la Saunier, FR, which is close to Dijon and the Swiss border. It may also be a good place to spend the winter- for very different reasons.

The site where I found them is blocking my access to more info (no subscription).

Those guys play in the French league below the one Barham is in. My guess is that they must have other jobs besides playing basketball (like coaching it, for example).

Further research turns up:

- Wayne Bernard is starting at guard and averaging 12/3/3 for Kouvot Kouvola, in 4th place in the top Finnish league.

- Martin Ides and Emeka Erege appear to be playing for fourth division teams in Germany

- Jordan Downing was actually an end of the bench player for the Westchester Knicks in the G-League, averaging about 6 mins/gm in some games earlier in the year. He appears to play for the Texas Legends now and has played around 20 minutes in each of their last 3 games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Cats in the Pros All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: