DavidsonCats.com Forum Index DavidsonCats.com
Discuss Davidson College Athletics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Duke at BB&T Ballpark

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildforthecats

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Duke at BB&T Ballpark Reply with quote

JUST ANNOUNCED: @dcbaseball_ to host @DukeBASE at BB&T Ballpark on Tuesday, April 24th. That's our sixth scheduled collegiate baseball game at BB&T Ballpark in 2018.
citycat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By "our", do you mean Davidson's 6th game in Charlotte, or the 6th college game the Knights' are hosting at BB&T Field?
wildforthecats

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

citycat wrote:
By "our", do you mean Davidson's 6th game in Charlotte, or the 6th college game the Knights' are hosting at BB&T Field?

Latter one.
citycat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2018 baseball schedule has been released by Davidson. We begin by contending for the Patriot League title. We play Duke, Wake, and USC later.

We host Yale in a weekend series before conference play begins. Yale's '17 RPI was 39. We did not beat a team that good until the Chapel Hill Regional.

The A10 Tournament will be in Arlington, VA, probably at GW's home field.

Maybe Davidson can host the A10 Tournament in Mooresville, where the league can charge admission and there are concession stands.

21 of our first 24 games are at home. You'd think we'd won a Regional or something!
stevelee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or have better early weather than Northern schools.
Bill Cobb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The A-10 requires a "home" field for it's tourney. We have brought up the use of neutral sites to be shot down.

Mooresville has a dirt infield I believe.

The new Kannapolis park would be a great place to have the tourney. Ditto Greensboro.
i77cat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Cobb wrote:
The A-10 requires a "home" field for it's tourney. We have brought up the use of neutral sites to be shot down.

Mooresville has a dirt infield I believe.

The new Kannapolis park would be a great place to have the tourney. Ditto Greensboro.

You're thinking of the Spinners' park, which is the old Mooresville Moors park. It has a dirt infield. citycat may well be thinking of the new facility at Mooresville High School. It is quite nice.
“What LeBron has done is spectacular, not just as a basketball player but as a human being. On the business level. And as a positive force for good. He is an intergalactic force for good.”--Bill Walton
citycat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of the Spinners' field. I've only driven by it, so I never noticed it had a dirt infield. Two college summer leagues use it, so I assumed it had a grass infield.

The A10 may say they want a "home field" to host the tournament, but GW's home field is in Arlington. That's not a college atmosphere.

Around the time it was announced we were moving to the A10, I visited St. Louis U. Their baseball field made our field look plush. Their soccer stadium was large, but not up to date, just bleachers.
collegecoach8502

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could play it on our football field.

"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."
TexasA&MAggiesFan2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Will be a competitive game
The fun didn't last long, however. A rogue Aggie who goes by the username TexasA&MAggiesFan bragged about it on a Davidson message board, and the password was quickly changed (after about 50 tickets were sold)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: