DavidsonCats.com Forum Index DavidsonCats.com
Discuss Davidson College Athletics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Up next: Gardner-Webb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Women's Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
i77cat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Up next: Gardner-Webb Reply with quote

Our place. 1130 am. December 15. I assume that this will be the game full of screaming elementary students.

G-W is 6-2 this year. They beat Furman by 14. They have one of the all-time great high school and college players from our state, Cetera DeGraffenreid, as an assistant coach. Winnable game, but we'll need to be at our best. Good luck to everyone on exams.
“What LeBron has done is spectacular, not just as a basketball player but as a human being. On the business level. And as a positive force for good. He is an intergalactic force for good.”--Bill Walton
ChantillyCat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-W will also have a 9 or 10 day gap between games.

Massey thinks we'll win this one, 61-55. 67% chance. #241 at #269.

The Bulldogs have three double figure scorers, all of whom shoot 40% or better from 3-pt land, with at least 23 attempts for each of them. Their top four scorers are guards, 5-5 to 5-9.

They have played well against teams in the #200-#300 range. They were doubled up in each of their two games against teams higher than #200, which were #21 Kentucky and #103 UCF.
TiredCat88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be a Debbie downer....but I think Massey is wrong on this one. I really want our ladies to do well, but think we are a year or so away. Love the coaching staff and I think with time, things will get much, much better.

However, in the short term, I think this is a 75-60 type game for GWU. Would be very happy if I am wrong.
ChantillyCat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.davidsonwildcats.com/news/2017/12/11/womens-basketball-education-day-game-cats-host-gardner-webb-friday.aspx

Stream: http://bit.ly/1OkfLfL
Stats: http://bit.ly/2gDBD8E

Last edited by ChantillyCat on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
ChantillyCat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starters... Katie, Saadia, Justine, Ally, Mackenzie. Video is up.

Both teams, man-to-man. Both teams with some full court pressure.

1st qtr, under 5 timeout, 8-4, G-W. Offensive woes continue. G-W does a nice job spreading the floor, we're doing a decent job of not leaving their shooters.

End of 1st qtr, 14-8, G-W, after we had tied it at 8. Mackenzie has 4, but she also has 2 fouls. She is either tied for or one behind the 9th spot (depending on which page of the prospectus you're reading) on the scoring list now with 1249. Eight Cat turnovers that quarter. Ugh.

** Mackenzie with a bucket to start the 2nd qtr. Now in 9th by herself.
ChantillyCat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd qtr, 6:20, 22-12, G-W. Timeout, Davidson. Getting some decent looks, but many of our shots are waaay off target today. G-W switching between zone and man now.

Halftime, 32-20, G-W. Mackenzie has 12. Four other Wildcats each with 2. Cats are 0-8 from 3-land. Only 6 3-pt attempts for G-W, they've made 2 of them.
ChantillyCat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, work intervening.

End of 3rd qtr, 43-36, G-W. Cats clawing back. Mackenzie has 21. No one else with more than 4.
ChantillyCat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4th qtr, 4:58 remaining, 54-45, G-W.

3:32, 55-50.

2:12, 57-50, Cats to inbound.

1:14, 59-52.

46 seconds, 63-53.

16 seconds, 65-60.

5.1 seconds, 68-65. G-W to shoot a pair.... make, make.

** Final, 70-65, G-W. Poor 1st half. Valiant comeback effort. Davidson scored 45 pts in the second half.

Next up, at High Point on Monday.

Last edited by ChantillyCat on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChantillyCat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big game for Mackenzie, 27 pts on 13-24 shooting, 11 rebs, 3 blks, 3 asts, 2 stls. Justine also with a double-double, 14 and 10, plus 4 asts, but she was 5-19 from the floor. Katie had 9 pts and 5 asts. Saadia with 8 pts and 5 rebs.

Only 10 turnovers after the 1st qtr. Cats were plus 11 on the boards.

Hope we get Sarah Donovan back soon.

** Mackenzie also moved into 7th spot on the rebounds list today, passing Danielle Hemerka '08. And she moved into 9th spot on the steals list, passing Ashley Alstead '04.

Last edited by ChantillyCat on Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:11 pm; edited 6 times in total
ChantillyCat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In moving into sole possession of 9th place on the scoring list, Mackenzie passed Hall-of-Famer Sarah Womack ’80. Because Sarah is one of my contemporaries, I’m going to give her some props.

Sarah scored either 1249 points or 1250 points during her career, depending on which page of the prospectus you happen to be reading. She did so in only 75 games (which was the norm back then) and remains Davidson’s all-time leader in career scoring average. Listed at 5’7”, she’s also 5th all-time in career rebounding average.

Sarah is currently the only Davidson women’s player whose jersey has been retired. That will change in six weeks or so.

catborn'bred

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chantilly, thanks for the updates. I enjoy following our women's program and never missed a game when I was a student. Sarah was a year behind me, and we often enjoyed shooting together in Johnston Gym.
ChantillyCat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.davidsonwildcats.com/news/2017/12/15/womens-basketball-double-doubles-not-enough-cats-fall-on-education-day.aspx
i77cat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just 9 players. For those of you lucky enough to be there, what was up with the other 4?
“What LeBron has done is spectacular, not just as a basketball player but as a human being. On the business level. And as a positive force for good. He is an intergalactic force for good.”--Bill Walton
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Women's Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: