Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
Waitress

Post by Waitress » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:51 pm

MrMac wrote:
stevelee wrote:I recall that a high school kid told me he thought the next pope should be named George Ringo.
My daughter just stared at me when I shared this with her. I thought it was hilarious.
I suspect these correlate often in the MrMac house.
The earth is round. Two plus two equals four.

~Tip well.

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:57 pm

A couple of near-Cats had great games today. Luke Maye had 28 and 16 for UNC in a win against Arkansas. Malachi Flynn had 26 for Washington State in a win over ranked St. Mary’s. Justinian Jessup is off to a good start this season, averaging 12.2 ppg (with 45.5% shooting on threes) and 7 rpg. Credible reports state that Davidson was in the final two for all three guys guys. I suspect we’ll soon be likewise shaking our heads wistfully at Riley Battin’s accomplishments in college basketball. Hope we can land some more of our top targets for next year.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Acorn wrote:A couple of near-Cats had great games today. Luke Maye had 28 and 16 for UNC in a win against Arkansas. Malachi Flynn had 26 for Washington State in a win over ranked St. Mary’s. Justinian Jessup is off to a good start this season, averaging 12.2 ppg (with 45.5% shooting on threes) and 7 rpg. Credible reports state that Davidson was in the final two for all three guys guys. I suspect we’ll soon be likewise shaking our heads wistfully at Riley Battin’s accomplishments in college basketball. Hope we can land some more of our top targets for next year.
+1, and part of why I’m so excited for Kellan’s career beginning and Luke coming back at full strength next year.

BDL

Post by BDL » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:35 pm

I honestly wouldn't get very upset about missing out on guards mostly because we land talented ones no matter what. If we got Flynn we may have well not landed Grady or Carter for example (and I appreciate both alot).

Now if we can work on recruiting more bigs for this cycle than that would be nice (but full confidence, Nelson looks like a defensive,athletic ace).

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Battin was the closest of the three to being a Wildcat.

BDL

Post by BDL » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:24 pm

Important thing to keep note: There will likely be alot more guys available late in this cycle because of the ongoing FBI scandal.

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:41 pm

BDL wrote:Important thing to keep note: There will likely be alot more guys available late in this cycle because of the ongoing FBI scandal.
How likely?
The earth is round. Two plus two equals four.

~Tip well.

BDL

Post by BDL » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:49 pm

Waitress wrote:
BDL wrote:Important thing to keep note: There will likely be alot more guys available late in this cycle because of the ongoing FBI scandal.
How likely?
Seemingly high as the subpoenas for the Nike schools have yet to be issued (and the Adidas schools aren't out of the woods yet).

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:11 pm

We just need to focus on our guys. And maybe there will be a juco or transfer available up front.

BDL

Post by BDL » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:16 pm

DCA06 wrote:We just need to focus on our guys. And maybe there will be a juco or transfer available up front.
I have the utmost trust in the coaching staff but outside of Luka we don't know who "our guys" are. Now I completely expect to land some 7 foot Euro who can rebound, block shots, and step out to the three point, but I'd just like to know his name now.

BDL

Post by BDL » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:17 pm

BDL wrote:
DCA06 wrote:We just need to focus on our guys. And maybe there will be a juco or transfer available up front.
I have the utmost trust in the coaching staff but outside of Luka we don't know who "our guys" are. Now I completely expect to land some 7 foot Euro who can rebound, block shots, and step out to the three point, but I'd just like to know his name now.
Clearly I'm very needy and nosey.

BDL

Post by BDL » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:19 pm

BDL wrote:
Has anyone checked to see if Aldridge or Jake Cohen are willing to apply some anti-aging cream, change their names, put on fake mustaches, and pretend to be 17 again?

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:56 pm

Waitress wrote:
How likely?
Very unlikely. I'll be stunned if any of this benefits us.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

Wildcat92

Post by Wildcat92 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:57 pm

Acorn wrote:A couple of near-Cats had great games today. Luke Maye had 28 and 16 for UNC in a win against Arkansas. Malachi Flynn had 26 for Washington State in a win over ranked St. Mary’s. Justinian Jessup is off to a good start this season, averaging 12.2 ppg (with 45.5% shooting on threes) and 7 rpg. Credible reports state that Davidson was in the final two for all three guys guys. I suspect we’ll soon be likewise shaking our heads wistfully at Riley Battin’s accomplishments in college basketball. Hope we can land some more of our top targets for next year.
I'm kind of tired of finishing second.
"When Davidson’s offense is clicking, the reads upon reads of its motion offense unfold like some masterful concerto." - SLAM Magazine. 10/27/15

Wildcat98

Post by Wildcat98 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:03 pm

Don’t know who we’re recruiting, but Dear God, we are in desperate need of some athleticism.
"Turn on the game, Steph Curry is heating up" is the most exciting sports-related text you can send or receive right now. If I'm at dinner and you send me that, I'm splitting toward the bar like a doctor who just had his "EMERGENCY!" beeper go off.