DavidsonCats.com Forum Index DavidsonCats.com
Discuss Davidson College Athletics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Be careful in here!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Men's Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobmckellar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Be careful in here! Reply with quote

A current Federal Judge nominee is being criticized for comments he made on a college sports message board.

Reporters ferreted out his screen name and are publishing his posts.

Is nothing sacred?
graveline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Be careful in here! Reply with quote

bobmckellar wrote:
A current Federal Judge nominee is being criticized for comments he made on a college sports message board.

Is nothing sacred?

Good. The illusion on anoyminity provides a window to the true intentions that lurk beneath.
BDF

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should just focus on his opinions as a state judge or the arguments that he has made as a trial attorney.

Oh.
MikeMaloy15

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this spell the end of the Colt 45 as we know it?
slowcat95

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say things that stupid, you probably deserve to be outed.
raptorcat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am NOT that federal judge nominee, nor would I want the job, even with its lifetime appointment and associated perks. My friends who ascended to the federal level have all tended to vanish into the clouds atop Mt. Olympus, never to be seen again. I am perfectly happy where I am, hoping to play out the string and retire at the end of 2021.
DC69Wildcat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raptorcat wrote:
I am NOT that federal judge nominee, nor would I want the job, even with its lifetime appointment and associated perks. My friends who ascended to the federal level have all tended to vanish into the clouds atop Mt. Olympus, never to be seen again. I am perfectly happy where I am, hoping to play out the string and retire at the end of 2021.

Plus, you can say most anything you want on this message board and not worry about reporters outing you.
catdad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Federal Judge Reply with quote

Just need to be careful about that Politico reporter that pops up on the board every now and then!
raptorcat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only imagine what would happen if some humorless federal agent had to troll through my nearly 2,500 posts, discovering my obsessions with Henery Hawk, squirrels, 40 oz. malt beverages, Scottish tams, Diane Lane, etc., not to mention my abysmal ignorance of the finer points of basketball.
stan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or --

You can use your real name and write your real thoughts.

And be the real thing.

If the political world can't handle it, worry not. It's not real anyway.
i77cat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Be careful in here! Reply with quote

graveline wrote:
bobmckellar wrote:

Is nothing sacred?

Good. The illusion on anoyminity provides a window to the true intentions that lurk beneath.

Says the guy who uses a signature stating his willingness to lie. Under oath.
“What LeBron has done is spectacular, not just as a basketball player but as a human being. On the business level. And as a positive force for good. He is an intergalactic force for good.”--Bill Walton
wchDr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stan wrote:
Or --

You can use your real name and write your real thoughts.

And be the real thing.

If the political world can't handle it, worry not. It's not real anyway.

I would like to agree with this but I don't want to use my real name. I'm still hiding from old girlfriends and the people who knew me freshman year. Wink
graveline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Be careful in here! Reply with quote

.[/quote]

Says the guy who uses a signature stating his willingness to lie. Under oath.[/quote]
The signature is an homage to a greater wit than mine
i77cat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. Just poking you. Lotsa love.
“What LeBron has done is spectacular, not just as a basketball player but as a human being. On the business level. And as a positive force for good. He is an intergalactic force for good.”--Bill Walton
stevelee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Be careful in here! Reply with quote

bobmckellar wrote:

Is nothing sacred?

You and I have figured out the best screen names for remaining anonymous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Men's Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: