DavidsonCats.com Forum Index DavidsonCats.com
Discuss Davidson College Athletics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No WH invite for Warriors
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Cats in the Pros
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MakeIt-TakeIt Cat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: No WH invite for Warriors Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20791355/president-donald-trump-says-golden-state-warriors-not-welcome-white-house
wildforthecats

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump is beyond a moron.
mccabemi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inviting sports teams to the White House is altogether silly and has been for however long it's been going on.

On the other hand, the President is tweeting about a Davidson attendee.
MakeIt-TakeIt Cat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They didn't want to go. The Warriors were planning a team meeting so they could make an official declination. Trump preempted that meeting. That's all.

Time to play ball.
wildforthecats

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mccabemi wrote:
Inviting sports teams to the White House is altogether silly and has been for however long it's been going on.

On the other hand, the President is tweeting about a Davidson attendee.

Yes, I guess the invites are silly. Not as silly as DJT.
jamesdhogan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to type "at least our President didn't call No. 30 an S.O.B." but then I realized what a freaking ridiculous thing that is to say.

I'll race to get my two cents in before this thread is quickly, rightfully locked.

Here is a strong man who overcame everyone's doubts, who defied odds, who nobody thought would be where he is today. A man who clearly had the smarts to be successful even though the chorus of doubters and prognosticators never saw it coming. A man who clearly has a knack for winning.

And here is a man whose ego is so fragile, he rescinded an invitation before it could be turned down.

First one to call Steph a snowflake gets the finger from me.
stevelee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Snowflakes are white and cold. If you get enough of them together, they will shut down the public schools."
MakeIt-TakeIt Cat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we think anyone in the Warriors' organization will complain about the rescinded invitation? If they have no complaints the story is over. They can mount any soapbox at any time they choose to make political statements. It's a free country except for Berkeley. Just remind them to be quiet when they go to China to sell shoes and the NBA

Sing the Star Spangled Banner and play ball!
stevelee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MakeIt-TakeIt Cat wrote:
Do we think anyone in the Warriors' organization will complain about the rescinded invitation? If they have no complaints the story is over. They can mount any soapbox at any time they choose to make political statements. It's a free country except for Berkeley. Just remind them to be quiet when they go to China to sell shoes and the NBA

I agree that you should chide whoever brought this up.
MakeIt-TakeIt Cat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevelee wrote:
MakeIt-TakeIt Cat wrote:

I agree that you should chide whoever brought this up.

This section of the forum and I have always been interested in all things "Steph". Chide on Steve Lee. It doesn't matter to me what politics Steph supports ... I'm still among his best fans and I always will be.

Fortunately for Steph and the NBA, Trump's comments on the NFL last night will get many times more the media attention than the Warriors rescinded invitation will receive. And the NFL, of course, has no clue about how to react.
stevelee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just amused by your effort to stop a discussion that you brought up.
mccabemi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would have predicted in 2007, that in 2017 President Trump would be tweeting about two time NBA champion and league MVP, Steph Curry.

Crazy world.
MakeIt-TakeIt Cat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevelee wrote:
I was just amused by your effort to stop a discussion that you brought up.

I encourage more discussion. It's a big story and there are opposing views. If I had wanted to limit discussion I wouldn't have started the thread in the first place. The story might be over concerning actions of the parties involved (which is what I was discussing) but opinions about what happened are just now being formed.
bobmckellar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would they want to go in the first place? I hear it's a bit of a dump.
slowcat95

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MakeIt-TakeIt Cat wrote:

I encourage more discussion. It's a big story and there are opposing views. If I had wanted to limit discussion I wouldn't have started the thread in the first place. The story might be over concerning actions of the parties involved (which is what I was discussing) but opinions about what happened are just now being formed.

At the risk of bringing on more ire, I'd like to point out that every time I propose an opposing viewpoint on anything remotely political, rather than engage, your first move usually is to belittle.
I'm the first to admit I'm not the best at civil discourse around here, but you rarely miss a chance to try to shut me down. Why is that?

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11199-017-0761-z
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Cats in the Pros All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: