DavidsonCats.com Forum Index DavidsonCats.com
Discuss Davidson College Athletics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PFL predictions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
i77cat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: PFL predictions Reply with quote

http://pflfan.proboards.com/thread/2998/pick-order-finish-season
SanteCat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Cats are Wild Reply with quote

don't sell the Cats short this year
If they can stay healthy at a few key positions they will surprise some people
Lebron

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing that this is what our hope for the season is in August that we might surprise some people. Surprise is an obvious word as every prediction by magazines, forums and pre-season coaching polls have the Cats on the bottom. The obvious problem is that we don't play Butler and Valpo and gained Drake and Dayton....not exactly what we need at this point. Western would be an absolute miracle win so let's hope we can get the two non-scholarship schools and hopefully "surprise" someone so we can et our second conference win in five years.
citycat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Brevard's first season as a DIII team. They were a DII team last year, although not a good one. They may have a few scholarship players left.
i77cat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massey is smart. His numbers say that the Cats are big favorites twice and have between 1% and 25% chances to win any other game. I think we get a conference win this year, but that is because of my powerful optimism.

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2069&s=295489
stevelee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"So there's a chance?"
wildforthecats

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

citycat wrote:
This is Brevard's first season as a DIII team. They were a DII team last year, although not a good one. They may have a few scholarship players left.

Okay, did not know this concerning Brevard. Of course now it makes sense when I heard folks talk about us playing two D3 teams, I was originally confused.
citycat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're in the DIII conference with Greensboro, Methodist, and Ferrum, not the ODAC, which includes Guilford, Hampden-Sydney, and W&L.
kittylitter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a head coach that most High schools in the country would not hire. Great young men on this team that want to win but we have a head coach with no leadership skills or football knowledge. Until the athletic department takes football seriously and hires a decent coach nothing will change.
Waitress

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i77cat wrote:
Massey is smart. His numbers say that the Cats are big favorites twice and have between 1% and 25% chances to win any other game. I think we get a conference win this year, but that is because of my powerful optimism.

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2069&s=295489
You might want to cover up. Your positivity thingy is showing.

Tip well.
JCDC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kittylitter wrote:
We have a head coach that most High schools in the country would not hire. Great young men on this team that want to win but we have a head coach with no leadership skills or football knowledge. Until the athletic department takes football seriously and hires a decent coach nothing will change.

On any other forum you would be berated endlessly. Not here. Here it is OK to bash the head coach. Can you explain this?
wildcatfan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On what other forum would you get berated for making comments about the head coach? This is a discussion board, which contains personal opinions and observations. Are you implying that on other message boards (or media outlets) the participants do not make comments about the coach?

Coach Nichols is a big boy, he knew that criticism was part of the process when taking a head coaching job. Given the results over the past 4 years, it would seem that criticism of the head coach, AD, and university are valid and deserved.
cat44

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildcatfan wrote:
On what other forum would you get berated for making comments about the head coach? This is a discussion board, which contains personal opinions and observations. Are you implying that on other message boards (or media outlets) the participants do not make comments about the coach?

Coach Nichols is a big boy, he knew that criticism was part of the process when taking a head coaching job. Given the results over the past 4 years, it would seem that criticism of the head coach, AD, and university are valid and deserved.

University? Seriously? And you've posted over 200 times? I hope I don't have the misfortune of meeting you at a game.

Criticism is fine. Stupidity is not.
JCDC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildcatfan wrote:

I'm stating, not implying, that if you substitute the name Cooke or McKillop for Nichols, you will get some interesting responses. By forum, I meant davidsoncats.com forums other than Football. Yes, they are all big boys and girls.
collegecoach8502

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kittylitter wrote:

I understand your frustration and perhaps some of your points are true, however, to say that he wouldn't be hired by most high schools or that he has no football knowledge is stretching the truth. Try to keep your coach bashing based on facts...the least you can do before the season even starts.

"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: