No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:05 pm

stan wrote:
MrMac wrote:
seamac77 wrote:Price, Waterhouse, Coopers for giving Faye Dunaway the wrong envelope.
Russian hack job...?
Russians can bend people's minds.

Because there are definitely some bent people blaming the Russians.
Blame? I was thinking of sending a Thank You card.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:58 pm

DUMC rejected my request that we put a Russian flag in the sanctuary to celebrate Trump's election.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:00 pm

http://udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30644

Had to put it here. We don't have a "No Limit on A$$hole" thread.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

bvgerd

Post by bvgerd » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Its things like that which always make me a bit skeptical when people are saying we are too critical on this board. Calling it an insult to the fans for a close lose and a having a fools gold post game thread voting on what player or decision cost a team the game seems pretty harsh.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:48 pm

citycat

Post by citycat » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:04 pm

If he gets the job, we should be calling him in a minute trying to get a series with the Cowboys. He enjoyed The Brickhouse.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Would seem strange to hire DG to me.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:48 pm

wildforthecats wrote:Would seem strange to hire DG to me.
Looking for another Mark Jackson, or (better yet) Steve Kerr...?

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:35 pm

To my knowledge, Gottlieb has never coached. He could be a fine coach, but it would seem at least silly to make his first job a head coaching gig at a huge school.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:03 pm

i77cat wrote:To my knowledge, Gottlieb has never coached. He could be a fine coach, but it would seem at least silly to make his first job a head coaching gig at a huge school.
IKR?

WildCock

Post by WildCock » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:46 am

This job went to Mike Boynton, promoted from within. Mike played for South Carolina, then was an assistant coach here, along with Brad Underwood. Underwood hired him as an assistant at SF Austin and again at OK St.

While not a great player, he was very popular in Columbia, both as a player and an assistant. He was known as a heady player, a stand-up guy, and later, as a good recruiter. I wish him all the best at OK St.
Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin

stan

Post by stan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:16 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nba ... 23e65d4bdf?
Silver said he would make it his responsibility to see a woman become a head coach while he is commissioner.

“I think it is on me to sort of ensure that it happens sooner rather than later,” Silver said.
I assume he is being honest about his intention. If it really is his goal, his statement might be one of the dumbest I've ever heard. How does a commissioner decide who gets hired to coach a team? Whenever a woman is hired, will the fans of that team assume that their owner had his arm twisted? If the team fails to meet expectations, will they blame the league?

What if her team gets some favorable calls from the refs? Will fans and players wonder if the league is using improper influence to see that she wins?

Coming out and saying that he was going to make it happen just opened up an enormous can of worms. He'd have been much better off keeping his mouth shut and working behind the scenes. Instead, looks like he was more focused on getting praise from activists. Dumb.
"Then they started making 3s. A lot of 3s. We're talking more 3s than a bad dating site."

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:47 pm

stan wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nba ... 23e65d4bdf?
Silver said he would make it his responsibility to see a woman become a head coach while he is commissioner.

“I think it is on me to sort of ensure that it happens sooner rather than later,” Silver said.
I assume he is being honest about his intention. If it really is his goal, his statement might be one of the dumbest I've ever heard. How does a commissioner decide who gets hired to coach a team? Whenever a woman is hired, will the fans of that team assume that their owner had his arm twisted? If the team fails to meet expectations, will they blame the league?

What if her team gets some favorable calls from the refs? Will fans and players wonder if the league is using improper influence to see that she wins?

Coming out and saying that he was going to make it happen just opened up an enormous can of worms. He'd have been much better off keeping his mouth shut and working behind the scenes. Instead, looks like he was more focused on getting praise from activists. Dumb.
No silver lining to this story?

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:52 am

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... white-guys

Didn't want to start a "No limit on racist" thread.

captneff26

Post by captneff26 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:59 am

i77cat wrote:http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... white-guys

Didn't want to start a "No limit on racist" thread.
Mr. Ball could have many entries on this thread, not the least of which would be his outlandish claim that his son is better than Steph.

I mean, my son is better than Tom Brady but that's totally different!