DavidsonCats.com Forum Index DavidsonCats.com
Discuss Davidson College Athletics
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 119, 120, 121  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Men's Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stan



Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Posts: 13582
Location: Knoxville

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOK wrote:
MLC67 wrote:
Definitely Howard University, which as I understand is a large historically black, urban school with a campus in a very bustling area of our nation's capital. Most assuredly, HU is not similar to DU in any facet that comes readily to mind.

Accordingly, this is a good opportunity to republish my Open Letter to De'Mon, asking him to share with us all the story of his recruitment, first successfully by Howard, then the reasons for his decision to matriculate the ball down the Court at Davidson.

Hey, Big Guy, we still luv you, know you are doing well (being a DU alum and all) and hope to hear from you. Thanks.


Howard has very high academic standards and is a very highly regarded university. Demon's mom used to ride the booster club bus to away games. I asked her once about Why Howard and why DU. She said that they have family in DC and of course Demon went to high school here in NC. so both were like "home" as far as location.


http://www.collegesimply.com/colleges/district-of-columbia/howard-university/admission/
_________________
I'm so old I can remember when colleges supported free speech and academic freedom.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wildcatspride



Joined: 15 Dec 2008
Posts: 1798
Location: Bath, UK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLC67 wrote:
Accordingly, this is a good opportunity to republish my Open Letter to De'Mon, asking him to share with us all the story of his recruitment, first successfully by Howard, then the reasons for his decision to matriculate the ball down the Court at Davidson.

Hey, Big Guy, we still luv you, know you are doing well (being a DU alum and all) and hope to hear from you. Thanks.


He may be a bit busy:
http://basketball.de/bbl/bayreuths-buzzer-beater-brooks
_________________
Davidson shot through the college hoops world in a flash in 2008. But long before it did, its coach poured his life's work into the place. That work is ongoing, and McKillop is as good now as he's ever been.

-- Eamonn Brennan, ESPN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MLC67



Joined: 14 Sep 2016
Posts: 396
Location: Camelot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was going to say that this link was Greek to me, but wouldn't be prudent to do so. Anyway, congrats to De'Mon, as I did say, I know he is doing well.
_________________
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seamac77



Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 2243
Location: Morganton, NC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find 'pride.. see the vid.about halfway in the piece.."Brooks mit dem Gamewinner"! Nifty out of bounds play


wildcatspride wrote:


He may be a bit busy:
http://basketball.de/bbl/bayreuths-buzzer-beater-brooks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wildcatspride



Joined: 15 Dec 2008
Posts: 1798
Location: Bath, UK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLC67 wrote:
Well, I was going to say that this link was Greek to me, but wouldn't be prudent to do so. Anyway, congrats to De'Mon, as I did say, I know he is doing well.


My new favorite De'Mon Brooks quote, through translator into German, back through google translator into English:

Quote:
I have only run the play. Nate did a great passport. Kyan has put a great block for me. Then they slept. Then the ball of Nate flew, I caught him and luckily had enough time to get rid of the litter. Our coach has recorded us a great play. (De'Mon Brooks)

_________________
Davidson shot through the college hoops world in a flash in 2008. But long before it did, its coach poured his life's work into the place. That work is ongoing, and McKillop is as good now as he's ever been.

-- Eamonn Brennan, ESPN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
pocabball



Joined: 17 Jan 2017
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke Frampton is WV Gatorade Player of the Year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RichmondCat



Joined: 18 Jul 2016
Posts: 48
Location: Richmond, VA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pocabball wrote:
Luke Frampton is WV Gatorade Player of the Year


Congratulations Luke. Well deserved. Definitely looking forward to seeing Luke, Kellan, Carter and Bates next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kevin mcmahon



Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 4440
Location: Hickory, NC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pocabball wrote:
Luke Frampton is WV Gatorade Player of the Year


Thanks for the great news!
_________________
"Microphones are for Navy guys"... Ranger H.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MLC67



Joined: 14 Sep 2016
Posts: 396
Location: Camelot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As previously noted, I'm sure that Billy Pierce is very proud of Luke, as we all are. Congrats young lad of WV, soon to embark on a magical tour of Camelot, and Italy, as well.
_________________
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JoMo



Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 2990
Location: Newark, DE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pocabball wrote:
Luke Frampton is WV Gatorade Player of the Year

http://basketball.realgm.com/highschool/awards/1/95
Some other players of note who have won the player of the year award in WV
2015 and 2016, Chase Harler, plays at WVU
2012 and 2013, Andrew Wiggins, played one season at Kansas, currently in the NBA
2011 Chase Fischer who played two years at Wake then transferred to BYU to finish his career.
2008 Bryant Irwin who played two years at Saint Joes than transferred to Furple where he played his final two seasons.
2006 and 2007, Patrick Patterson, played three years at Kentucky, currently in the NBA.
_________________
TCC - trust, commitment, care
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
catborn'bred



Joined: 03 Apr 2006
Posts: 601

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The press release for Luke's honor, http://www.gatorade.com/poy/poy/assets/writable/37407/2017_BBB_LFrampton.pdf
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CatsUpNorth



Joined: 18 Oct 2015
Posts: 718

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on one of our top 2018 targets Riley Battin: https://twitter.com/pollonpreps/status/843865445056753665

@pollonpreps wrote:
Oak Park's Riley Battin: heavy interest from Northwestern, Utah, Stanford, Davidson, Notre Dame, Colorado, Butler.


Nothing new here, just a good thing he referenced us again. I get the sense he really likes Northwestern, so it could be a good thing for us if Chris Collins is among the names switching schools this offseason, unless he decides he wants to keep recruiting Riley at a bigger program.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Waitress



Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 11086
Location: Chambana

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CatsUpNorth wrote:
Update on one of our top 2018 targets Riley Battin: https://twitter.com/pollonpreps/status/843865445056753665

@pollonpreps wrote:
Oak Park's Riley Battin: heavy interest from Northwestern, Utah, Stanford, Davidson, Notre Dame, Colorado, Butler.


Nothing new here, just a good thing he referenced us again. I get the sense he really likes Northwestern, so it could be a good thing for us if Chris Collins is among the names switching schools this offseason, unless he decides he wants to keep recruiting Riley at a bigger program.
Unless K is retiring, Collins unlikely to pull up stakes now.
_________________
Suck it up, buttercup.

Tip well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cat44



Joined: 12 Jul 2012
Posts: 698

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack was Ohio Gatorade Player of Year 4 seasons ago. Luke joins an excellent fraternity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CatsUpNorth



Joined: 18 Oct 2015
Posts: 718

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waitress wrote:
CatsUpNorth wrote:
Update on one of our top 2018 targets Riley Battin: https://twitter.com/pollonpreps/status/843865445056753665

@pollonpreps wrote:
Oak Park's Riley Battin: heavy interest from Northwestern, Utah, Stanford, Davidson, Notre Dame, Colorado, Butler.


Nothing new here, just a good thing he referenced us again. I get the sense he really likes Northwestern, so it could be a good thing for us if Chris Collins is among the names switching schools this offseason, unless he decides he wants to keep recruiting Riley at a bigger program.
Unless K is retiring, Collins unlikely to pull up stakes now.

Yeah I don't see anything happening, part of me thought Indiana might be interested and able to lure him but he hasn't been one of the names tied to the job yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Men's Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 119, 120, 121  Next
Page 115 of 121

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


DavidsonCats.com is a privately run online forum which has no direct or implied official relationship to or endorsement by Davidson College.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group