DavidsonCats.com Forum Index DavidsonCats.com
Discuss Davidson College Athletics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best in the West

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Cats in the Pros
View previous topic :: View next topic  
i77cat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Best in the West Reply with quote

The two best teams in the NBA play tonight. No Leonard, no Durant.
i77cat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. Also no Iggy, no Klay, no Steph, no Draymond playing. No me watching.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18880308/golden-state-warriors-rest-stephen-curry-draymond-green-klay-thompson-andre-iguodala-spurs

Interesting comments by Iggy and Draymond.
rbarney

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Resting Reply with quote

I think if I had bought a ticket to that game, I would be looking for a refund!
collegecoach8502

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Resting Reply with quote

rbarney wrote:
I think if I had bought a ticket to that game, I would be looking for a refund!

Not a single San Antonia Spur fan has the right to ask for a refund.

"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."
MakeIt-TakeIt Cat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gate receipts account for about 25% of NBA income and the trend is downward. So NBA teams care less and less about disappointing their fans who buy tickets. ESPN/ABC signed a multi-billion dollar contract with the NBA and they get to pick their games. That's a big reason stupid travel schedules are made. ABC/ESPN wanted the Warriors vs Spurs game as their prime time game for ratings and advertising revenues. They didn't get that because of Kerr. I'd guess the TV ratings for last night took a severe hit.

NBA players and coaches are getting record contracts because of TV money. The NBA ... and in turn their owners and coaches ... will face some hell-raising from ESPN/ABC for sitting star players.

ESPN is not doing well financially. NBA moves like last night are helping to kill their golden goose. Prime time players making hundreds of $millions from TV revenue need to show up for work in prime time.
MakeIt-TakeIt Cat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABC/ESPN had the Cavaliers and Clippers for their prime time game last night. Promotions hailed multiple superstars and future Hall of Famers for the fans. But no Lebron, no Kyrie, and no Love or Korver. Really ... no love!

The NBA Commissioner? Little things like putting on poor games in prime time with healthy superstars resting on the bench don't seem to matter. The Cavs scored 31 points in the 1st half. Really Prime Time stuff from the NBA Champions.

When does the NBA reach the point of failing to honor their lavish TV contract?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DavidsonCats.com Forum Index -> Cats in the Pros All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: