Lacrosse

Please join us in discussing Davidson's 17 other varsity teams.
stevelee

Re: Lacrosse

Post by stevelee » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:38 pm

I switched back to the SMU game in time to see Emory score a 3.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:55 pm

Parking will be a nightmare. They are seriously still intending to use the sloped grass field that used to the golf course. Good thing it never rains there.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:08 pm

i77cat wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:55 pm
Parking will be a nightmare. They are seriously still intending to use the sloped grass field that used to the golf course. Good thing it never rains there.
I believe I saw sand traps there in my travels à pied today. They will need to do serious work on it. I hope the top tier Gridiron members will get VIP parking in the paved lot in addition to seating, etc. The Brickhouse, admissions, and WDAV lots would not be too bad a walk if you know how to get to the stadium. On nice days I have walked to day soccer and basketball games from home, but not since they changed the trails and warned of venomous snakes. The town has put in a sidewalk to Dogwood Lane from Conroy, so that could be a good route to the path that runs from Thompson to Baker parking lot. But that is still a long way from Wilson and 76.

We’ll see what happens.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:13 am

We'll probably see an experiment with shuttles. It'll fail. We'll hear suggestions that freshmen can't have cars. It won't happen. We'll hear suggestions that a parking deck is the answer. It won't happen. The solution will be left to the fans. The school won't provide the answer.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:34 am

i77cat wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:13 am
We'll probably see an experiment with shuttles. It'll fail. We'll hear suggestions that freshmen can't have cars. It won't happen. We'll hear suggestions that a parking deck is the answer. It won't happen. The solution will be left to the fans. The school won't provide the answer.
When Davidson hosted the NCAA soccer Final Four in the 70s, shuttles were used very effectively. Parking was actually in empty lots outside of town off Griffith Street. IIRC, they used school buses. There will at least need to be a tail-gating lot convenient to the stadium, and the only possible site would be the one behind Chidsey.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:19 pm

Great win today. Cats 10, St Joe's 9. There are three tiers in the A10. UMass and Richmond are the top teams. Us and St Joe's are next. Then there are the teams that aren't particularly good. We had lost the last 7 games against the Hawks. The Hawks had two wins over ranked opponents this season (Navy and UConn). Great win. We have a great chance to win the 3 seed.

citycat

Post by citycat » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:59 pm

The NCAA NET/RPI(whatever) rankings as of 4/11/24 were UMass 26; Richmond 34; St. Joseph's 39; and Davidson 60.

Our ranking will improve when our win against St. Joseph's is factored in.

UMass should move to the MAC with the rest of their athletic program. The MAC sponsors Women's Lacrosse and needs teams.

When the Minutemen/women/persons depart, the A10 will have 9 Women's Lacrosse teams. That means each team will play 4 home conference matches, 4 road conference matches, and a bunch of nonconference against nearby teams (hopefully).

St. Bonaventure is 5th in the rankings at 70.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:43 pm

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:08 pm

Still undefeated in the new stadium.

https://davidsonwildcats.com/news/2024/ ... st-bonnies

citycat

Post by citycat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:55 pm

Our RPI is now 51.

Our regular season finale is at Duquesne. There's a good chance we'll face Duquesne in the A10 Tournament if everyone is invited.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:00 pm

It looks like the opening round of the tournament will be 4 vs. 5 and 3 vs. 6. The winners will play 1 and 2 in the semifinals.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

citycat

Post by citycat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:38 pm

Let's beat Duquesne and wrap up the 3rd seed.