Extension

Please join us in discussing Davidson's 17 other varsity teams.
wildforthecats

Extension

Post by wildforthecats » Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:33 pm

i77cat

Re: Extension

Post by i77cat » Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:45 pm

Still feeling good about this? We're winless after 5 games. I feel good about it. Without more scholarships, I think that this is what we can expect from our program. Coach is doing well with what he has.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:34 pm

Except against Charlotte, we were competitive in all of our matches (I did not see any of the exhibitions).

I agree Babst is doing well with what he has. I love our current team, and DK will go down as a Davidson soccer all-time great, but I'm not convinced that what he has is the best we can get. There's a whole world of good young soccer players out there.

As to the extension, I suspect this was always the plan when the college raised the money to endow the Head Coach position.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:57 am

I think the AD is pretty satisfied with bad soccer. Like the last several coaches, this one doesn't have much chance of success without a big increase in resources.

Good chance to get a win today as UNCA comes in for a 2pm game. The Bulldogs are off to a 3-1-1 start. Go Cats.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge