Winning season

2012 SoCon Regular Season Champs!
i77cat

Winning season

Post by i77cat » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:37 pm

16-6 so far. Only 7 games left. I think we can get 20 wins. Pretty spectacular with our limited roster.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

citycat

Re: Winning season

Post by citycat » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:56 pm

We have 7 regular season games left. They have to let us play in the A10 Tournament if we have 5 who can play, so that's at least 8 games remaining.

Can one or two of the players who are hurt start a fight at the opening tip of a tournament game? Maybe some of the opposing team's stars get tossed.

Clemson tried that at the start of the 2nd half in an ACC Tournament game against Maryland in '73. A guy named Ricky Hunt hit Len Elmore after the 2nd half tipoff. Hunt had not played in the first half.

He never played for Clemson again. He was from the DC area and played high school ball for DeMatha.

College basketball reference calls him "Rick Hunt". He transferred to American U and finished up there. College Reference hasn't figured he's the same guy who played for Clemson.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:05 am

Massey favors us in all our remaining regular season games except for the one at URI. That'd be 22-7.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:47 am

i77cat wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:05 am
Massey favors us in all our remaining regular season games except for the one at URI. That'd be 22-7.
I am assuming that Massey is assuming that Elle will play those games.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:42 pm

I don't think so. I'd pick us to win out with her, maybe 5-2 without her (and no additional injuries).