Up next: Duquesne

2012 SoCon Regular Season Champs!
Corpulent Cat

Re: Up next: Duquesne

Post by Corpulent Cat » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:04 pm

My one comment:

If Gayle was recruiting for the men we would be better and if Matt was coaching for the women we would be a lot better.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:11 pm

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:19 pm

With our known injuries and the injury that is obvious but not public, it is an achievement to stay competitive in any conference game. I'd hoped to win this one, but I didn't really expect it. I expect to win Wednesday night. Each win is a treasure.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

citycat

Post by citycat » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:26 pm

Townsend had the game of her life against us. She averages 7.6 points and 4.1 rebounds a game. She had 18 and 7.

3 of their starters played 40, 39, and 38 minutes today. Among those 3 were McConnell and Townsend. Townsend had 3 fouls for most of the 2nd half and 4 for the last 3-4 minutes of the game.

catseye

Post by catseye » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:28 am

Corpulent Cat wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:04 pm
My one comment:

If Gayle was recruiting for the men we would be better and if Matt was coaching for the women we would be a lot better.
Not sure I agree with this comment. Matt has had some coaching issues in our last few games, particularly, the end of the GW game. I think the women's problems have been more about execution. Since Deegan went out, the guaranteed scorer when we have droughts has been less clear. It is hard to win games when you go 5-6 minutes without a bucket. We defended well today for the most part and worked hard on defense. But our inability to consistently score and the prevalence of empty possessions have really hurt us.

I love rooting for this team, though, and I hope we find a way to turn things around - I think that probably turns on our ability to adjust to playing without our most productive player.
"He scores 30 points and he thinks he can call me Bob."