Up next: at George Mason

2012 SoCon Regular Season Champs!
Dr. Bliss

Re: Up next: at George Mason

Post by Dr. Bliss » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:16 pm

Devastating. A black cloud of injuries hangs over this program. It’s worth asking some hard questions why. I feel so bad for the team.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:07 pm

This team had the chance to be special if it could have avoided injuries. Even with Elle's injury, we got better. The biggest surprise while Elle was out was the development of Sylvie. Hated to see her get hurt. This team's real weakness was that we were always an injury or two from not being very good. Just not enough players. We never had more than 11 available this year after losing Sallie and Tomisin before the season. Get well soon. Just a week ago we had a NET of 40, were getting votes in the polls, and were projected to Dance. This group of Wildcats was the first to ever beat a ranked team and get votes. I fear we are going to really struggle the rest of the way. Go Cats.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:47 am

Feel awful for Sylvie, Rosie and the whole squad. I have faith that the team will respond.

bvgerd

Post by bvgerd » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:00 am

I am trying to bear in mind that VCU and George Mason look like they could be two of the best teams in the conference, but what an absolutely deflating start to the year its been ever since we came back from the extended time off. Really hoping Sylvie and Rosie's injuries arent too bad and they can come back this season. The schedule doesnt offer much reprieve with 2 of the next 4 games being against Richmond and St. Joes.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:44 pm

Our awful stretch of basketball certainly got worse when Sylvie got hurt, but from Davidson 34-VCU 24 until her injury against Mason, we were blown off the court by two teams that we were favored to beat. We came up tiny. If Sylvie and Rosie are both 100%, we're in trouble. If they are out, we're done.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:08 pm

A classmate/neighbor/friend saw me on ESPN+ and texted me the he is blaming me for the loss.

Greetings from the National Gallery.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ