Chantilly Cat

2012 SoCon Regular Season Champs!
Derek Smith

Chantilly Cat

Post by Derek Smith » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:11 pm

I was reminded today that Cory Young aka Chantilly Cat passed away 3 years ago today. I know that he is missed by many here on this board and in the world at large.

I can only imagine how much he would have loved to watch and be following this iteration of Davidson Women's Basketball.
Sit vis nobiscum

wildforthecats

Re: Chantilly Cat

Post by wildforthecats » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:31 pm

Thank you for the reminder. I remember where I was when I heard the tragic news.

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:05 pm

I've thought about him several times lately as I watch this excellent women's team. My personal theology won't entertain the vision that he's watching on ESPN+ from a cloud somewhere, but his atoms still exist and I hope they feel this disruption in the force.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

Jay Catsby

Post by Jay Catsby » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:32 pm

Thanks Derek for this remembrance of ChantillyCat. I never met him in person but his enthusiasm for our women’s team was unmatched and quite contagious. It certainly has at least a little to do with how much I have followed them the last many years.

I think fans often underestimate the impact they’re able to have on their favorite teams. If it’s true of any fan, it’s true of Cory, that this team would not be where it is today without his support and dedication.

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:30 pm

If we can be remembered fondly, with love, as opposed to bitterly, with scorn and enmity, then we have accomplished much in this life.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

graveline

Post by graveline » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:13 am

Dorp and me have gifted each other our dcats passwords
Whenever the first of us shuffles off this mortal coil, the other can login and post things along the line of “thank god I’m not here to see this” when we are down 20 to Georgia Southern
If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said it

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:42 pm

Graveline humor. Dark. Also, incredibly funny. Thank you.