Up next: Wofford

2012 SoCon Regular Season Champs!
stevelee

Re: Up next: Wofford

Post by stevelee » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:59 pm

We had 14 offensive rebounds. It seemed like most of those came in two possessions in (I think) the second quarter. That was the quarter where we had the most opportunities for them.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:17 pm

Please let this injury be a temporary thing. She's such an important part of this team.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:37 pm

Just watched replay. That did not look good. Dammit, dammit, dammit.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:34 pm

https://davidsonwildcats.com/sports/wom ... score/9141

Interesting box score comparisons with the men's game. The ladies shot better from 3 and the FT line, better rebounding margin, bigger margin of victory, more assists, better attendance.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:41 am

Dr. Bliss wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:37 pm
I don’t want to make any specific comments about someone’s injury. She seemed to be grasping at knee area at time of injury and you can certainly watch a replay for yourself. My sense is that there was positive news later in the day.

Whatever the case, I hate to see any player get hurt, even for a minute. Elle is such a great person and player, that losing her for 5 minutes is a loss to the team.

We will look forward to her return and pray that it’s sooner than later.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:34 am

collegecoach8502 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:41 am
Dr. Bliss wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:37 pm
Whatever the case, I hate to see any player get hurt, even for a minute. Elle is such a great person and player, that losing her for 5 minutes is a loss to the team.

+1
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

cats10c9

Post by cats10c9 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:42 am

collegecoach8502 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:41 am

I don’t want to make any specific comments about someone’s injury. She seemed to be grasping at knee area at time of injury and you can certainly watch a replay for yourself. My sense is that there was positive news later in the day.

Thank you, CollegeCoach, for reining in our collective speculation before it gets too far out of control.

Very much praying for all injured players and for the teams of people monitoring and directing the physical and mental processes required for full recovery.

Jay Catsby

Post by Jay Catsby » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:49 pm

We are lucky to have some brilliant and hard working individuals on our training staff. And good relationships with orthopedic medical orgs in our area too.

Ligament and tendon injuries can have life long implications, so you always want players to avoid those injuries. Hopefully Elle was able to do so. But in the case a player does suffer one, it’s good to know the support for a full recovery is there.

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:35 pm

Elle missed her sophomore season at North Surry HS due to a broken ankle.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:11 am

i77cat wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:34 pm
https://davidsonwildcats.com/sports/wom ... score/9141

Interesting box score comparisons with the men's game. The ladies shot better from 3 and the FT line, better rebounding margin, bigger margin of victory, more assists, better attendance.
The starters for the men were very efficient, they shot 66% on field goals, 50% from 3.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:52 am

Yep. And in other games the starters' bad numbers are picked up by the bench. The whole team is shooting 32.8% for the season from distance. That's a little better than last season's historically bad number, but not much. I think the men will start shooting better. 35% seems within reach. The ladies are shooting 36.1%. They are likely to also shoot better going forward.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge