Up next: at Duke

2012 SoCon Regular Season Champs!
citycat

Re: Up next: at Duke

Post by citycat » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:48 pm

There were 2 calls late in overtime that made me question whether the refs had reservations at a good restaurant nearby and didn't want a 2nd overtime.

A Duke player drove for the basket and was chopped by Cameron Brink. There was no call. The announcers said she "drove too far", which must exonerate a foul.

On the next Duke possession, a Stanford defender deflected a Duke pass off a Duke player into backcourt. The Duke player picked it up in backcourt and was called for over and back. The announcers said it was like deflecting a ball off a player and out of bounds.

That's not the way it's been called in games I've watched. If the defender deflects the ball into backcourt, the offensive player can retrieve it without letting the ball land in backcourt.

Maybe the refs and the announcers had reservations at the same restaurant.

i77cat is right. Duke is good and the win at Duke will pay dividends as the season progresses.

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:25 pm

Coach Kara Lawson will have a short tenure at Duke. The question is how long it will take the administration to admit their mistake. Turning over her roster...only 11 on the team currently, making enemies on campus, the list could go on.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:30 pm

I'd take some of their transfers. They could deepen our bench.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge