Silent auction

2012 SoCon Regular Season Champs!
stevelee

Silent auction

Post by stevelee » Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:06 am

It looks like the silent auction to help with the Europe trip was successful. Everything sold, I think, even the Clemson football package that didn't have any bids for a while. https://desktop.livesourceapp.com/home; ... %20Auction

I bid on a couple of lunches, but they got out of my league. I did give a donation. You can still give.

At the banquet I was seated with James, two players from Australia, and the older one's host parents. James was supposed to go to Australia soon, I presume for recruiting, but there is some short window of NCAA something that prevented him. We did talk a bit about international airfare, since he had just booked the trips home for the players, and I had just booked my flights for July and August. At one point I had been quoted $7,000 one way to Norway (just checking since I didn't know when I would return). Obviously I didn't pay that, and when I booked, business class round trip was just a bit more than coach, and about half that. James said business class to Australia was $22,000 when he checked. The players are young, so they can deal with long flights in coach seats better than an old guy, I'd hope. I realize they are taller. Anyhow he didn't say what the bill was, but that is a consideration when we are getting players from Down Under.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ